308 T7 aircon not working.

ffabre11

Fellow Frogger
Hello fellow foggies, just when I needed it most, the 308T7 aircon is not working.
I recently upgraded from RD4 to RD45 and fitted a microphone yesterday. I know it's probably my fault, I was fiddling with settings in Diagbox trying to get the auto lamps to come on earlier as they were taking a while to turn on.
Does anyone have the default settings for 308 T7?

Which screen were you on when you started playing. Have you changed the A/condition type?

I'll have a look in the weekend if you can add a screenshot of the pages you made changes on?

I can remember changing the light sensor type from dual type to single type.
I think this is the screen.
BSI DRIVING COMFORT

Attachments

• 20210111_202954.jpg
    20210111_202954.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 127
Hello fellow foggies, just when I needed it most, the 308T7 aircon is not working.
I recently upgraded from RD4 to RD45 and fitted a microphone yesterday. I know it's probably my fault, I was fiddling with settings in Diagbox trying to get the auto lamps to come on earlier as they were taking a while to turn on.
Does anyone have the default settings for 308 T7?
Forgot to mention that the headlamps now are always on with ignition, I don't really mind this as I found the gauges difficult to see during the day. But having no aircon while driving in 38 degree heat is not ideal.

Any new error codes in the BSI now that you made the changes? Might give us an additional clues

Sorry, if you mean auto to manual on the heater control panel, then yes, I have tried all the buttons. I can change the temperature on the screen with the dials, but it has no effect, the fan will NOT turn on. I can hear the aircon compressor clicking when I press the aircon button. I have noticed that there is a strange line above the numbers on the tiny screen.

Update, replaced the heater control panel today and bingo, aircon now works!
It must have been on the way out!
The only thing I did with the control panel was remove and refit. I remember that the plug was very difficult to reinstall. Maybe it got damaged while I was refitting it, anywho I'm just glad to have aircon working as it was 30degrees on the way home tonight.
Thanks for your help folks.

So nothing to do with Diagbox abuse after all :dance:! Well done...

Hello again froggers, has anyone (dimistyle) had a chance to check the default settings with regards to daytime running lights?

Last edited:
Hello again froggers, has anyone (dimistyle) had a chance to check the default settings with regards to daytime running lights?
Setting for daytime running lights is from centre display.
One of only 3 settings that can be changed. Shouldn't be hard to find. 🙄

Head lamps are always on with engine running.
I don't mind it, but not sure the next owner will want it this way.
I would say you messed with the light stalk type.
Same thing happened to me when I configured it to 4-position stalk instead of 3 (I don't have auto lights)

Menu on the radio, personal configuration, vehicle parameters, lighting and signal. Tick boxes on the next screen to turn on off daytime running lights

Last edited:
Well ac finally died. No ac what so ever.
Diagnosis today is the faulty AC control valve and probably cheaper to get another second hand compressor as the Denso control valves are hard to buy.

Unit is a Denso 6SEL16c Google does not bring up many suppliers of the control valve.
Will ring around tomorrow.

Strangely enough Carlo5 ac also stopped pumping so had the ac diagnosed while the mobile tech was here but symptoms are not good, faulty compressor😶. I have a spare compressor from Red Devil but no time today to swap...oh a unsuccessful day all round...😩