308 sunvisor issues!

bahay

Fellow Frogger
A 2010 308 in our family of Pugs has a problem with the passenger side sun visor...it flops down and will not stay in the stowed position.

It appears to be an internal crappy plastic clip that has broken into pieces allowing the visor to hang ..and do nothing else.

Has anyone had similar issues with 307/ 308 and discovered a repair technique they'd like to share.
All informed ideas appreciated!

John

(Peugeot in their wisdom sell these visors only in pairs for around $240 !!)

Last edited:
Investigating further I found that the problem is caused by failure of the plastic which holds the front and back layer of the visor structure together...This then allows the metal clip to rotate and chew out the adjacent plastic pieces (The metal clip sits around the pivot spindle and provides friction and detents for the up/ mid / down positions of the visor).

It's pretty poor that these things fail after six years; however looking at youtube we see that Honda, Toyota and others have similar failures at just 4 years.

There may be some plastic welding cure available but it would have to be very very strong.For the meantime I've reinserted the spindle and plated the top and bottom surfaces of the clip area of the the visor with small stainless plates and tiny screw and nuts and washers; thus holding the top and bottom layer of the visor frame firmly round the spindle and more importantly the metal clip in place.

willtry to get a picture loaded soon

That's a quick fix thanks Rob.
It's an indication of quality when this type of thing fails and yet we have 40+year old 404's running round with their original visors working satisfactorily.

$10- 20 ....Maybe in Tassie?

Up here they know the cost of a new one ( or should that be a PAIR) and charge closer to that mark!

DSC04159.jpg

This repair works and isn't too untidy...still am disappointed with the quality of the visor's 'guts'.

Last edited:
My wife's 308 has a broken clip on the mirror cover on the right side.
Has anyone any ideas how to fix.
David

Hi There
Your repair to our visor looks ok. How did you do it? Do the screws go all the way through?
Thanks

Hi There
Your repair to our visor looks ok. How did you do it? Do the screws go all the way through?
Thanks

Pug308,
yes there is a small stainless steel plate on top and bottom surfaces of the visor, clamping the plastic layers tightly over the metal clip ( inside the visor). Screws go all the way through.This has the effect of keeping the visor and 'clip' in a constant correct position...and therefor able to hold the visor at the detent positions. ( problem is usually caused by the plastic fracturing around the clip...causing floppy visor)

quoting from the second post above ..."For the meantime I've reinserted the spindle and plated the top and bottom surfaces of the clip area of the the visor with small stainless plates and tiny screw and nuts and washers; thus holding the top and bottom layer of the visor frame firmly round the spindle and more importantly the metal clip in place."

Hope this helps.

G'day,

so this is a common froggie problem is it..... :cry:

Our four year old latitude has just had it's passenger side visor throw in the towel !! along with the switched light over the vanity mirror of course.

A quick look suggests used prices of around $100 for one. I requested a dealer price a week ago but they haven't come back to me yet, maybe it's too scary....

cheers,
Bob