308 remote key casing

DAB7

Tadpole
I have a 2009 308 Touring HDi and the remote key casing has developed a hole between the open close functions from 10 years of use. Despite this the remote continues to work. Would appreciate any ideas on a fix or replacement.

Heaps of less than 10 dollar repair options on eBay

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

You'll have to move across all the internals or the car won't start, and put the old cut blade in place of the blank one..

You should also fit a silicon cover. They are about $6 each and pick your color. We changed over our 307 key case for $5 including post to home from Ebay. I changed the door lock circuit card and blade, so that worked, but didn't see the small micro clip for the ignition. The local locksmith transferred it over for free. I met a lady a week ago, with a similar 307 and key case buttons missing but still using the manual key to open the drivers door. She said it was $300 to replace the key, so I advised she could replace the case as new from Ebay for $5. Not sure if she believed me?

Before pulling everything apart to change over, double check that they are exactly the same key cases, as there may be 2 different kinds. There was for my model.

The $2 jobbie had different mounting lugs for the circuit board, and different mechanism for the key flipper. The old one had a kind of K shape and the new one looked like a London tube logo.

In the end I butchered it and forewent the key release, it just flops now, but does not cause me any grief.

One has a battery attached to the board and the other is in the lower half of the case

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time