308 & RCZ Rear suspension information, etc

207cc Sport

Fellow Frogger
Anyone help with an Internet reference, to do research on the rear suspension of 308 or RCZ.

I'm keen to find out more about the components, and that unique torsion bar.

Tks.

These bars are designed with finite element analysis, and I doubt if PSA's version has been made public.

The basic design has a tendency to oversteer, and this is countered by angling the bearing bushes so that the axes meet forward of them The angle depends on the stress characteristics of the beam, so we are back to the secret analysis of the beam shape.

If you can calculate the shear centre of the beam (possibly a little forward of the C shape), and join that point to the bearing, you have the axis about which the arm rotates. The wheel axle offset from this is the other component of the moment.

The shock absorbers are placed perpendicular to the arm as far as practical from the articulation on the body.

Last edited:
These bars are designed with finite element analysis, and I doubt if PSA's version has been made public.

The basic design has a tendency to oversteer, and this is countered by angling the bearing bushes so that the axes meet forward of them The angle depends on the stress characteristics of the beam, so we are back to the secret analysis of the beam shape.

that's right, the beam shape. I believe there are two bars.