308 not starting with new battery

chatz

Tadpole
Hi I put a new battery in the 308 last night and followed the bsi procedure but am unable to start the car. I have power any thoughts

No I just hear a single click from a relay under the glove box and that's it. It's a bigger battery than what was in it. 750cca I unplugged the positive overnight. See if something resets.

Did you put the bsi to sleep before removing the battery? And what year is it

No I didn't I would have looked the bonnet than started undoing it all.
It was like 7.30 at night hope I haven't stuffed it
Diesel

Just done some googling will have a closer look later. Great timing for it as my wife crashed the other car yesterday.

Why did you replace the battery? If its not cranking I would say the starter had had it or the fuse to the starter motor is blown?

This fuse is in the engine bay fuse box.

If still no luck did you happen to install the battery in reverse when you swapped it over?

Any other weird electrical issues like side lights on, wipers swiping once?

Are all other electrics working lights stereo etc?

Need a bit more details on what the car was doing before and whats its doing now other than not cranking.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

It went flat a month a go so I jumped it than all good. Had it tested they said its on its way out but I kept going.
Battery is the right way it has power headlights interior lights work stereo works.
Usually when you crank and its dead it goes click click click click.click but now its one. Click and nothing.

Well maybe a stuck starter motor if a manual car see if a push start releases the jammed starter

If an auto try the tapping starter with a hammer trick or rocking the car in neutral to see if jammed starter releases.

If no click click click it will be starter motor related. You could always remove it and take to auto sparky to test rather than gett5car towed.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

They tend to have a habit of blowing the negative terminal protection block if not shut down properly. Not sure if it only stops the starter but I know it wont go. Maybe check for power at the solenoid wire on the starter with someone holding the key to start. If theres power their. It's the starter if not it's an electrical fault

Check power at starter if ok then.
Connect lead from Positive to starter solenoid and should turn if it doesn't then starter
If it does look elsewhere why no power to solenoid

Finally got to look at it today it was a starter motor fuse easy fix. Thanks for the quick replys. Its been a bad week for cars in this house.
So happy we have a work car which got us by