308 EP6 no fuel economy reading, running rough

dimistyle

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Guys, may need some assistance today. Managed to get to Nissan Arena but only just.. Friday vehicle reported cylinder misfire, replaced coil on cylinder 1 only this is cylinder by transmission.
Friday/Saturday no problem with drive to Brisbane and back
This morning car car coughing and spluttering so replaced all coils with spares and new in cylinder 1, didn't have time to scan as running late.

Now at Nissan with only a BT ELM scanner which showed multiple misfires, the usually turbo pressure too low, crankshaft and camshaft error code as well.

In my haste I just cleared them all expecting some to return, rookie mistake..

Anyway I'll take for a drive and see if any thing returns.
PXL_20230930_233230275.jpg

While driving thru CLEM tunnel a great time to misbehave I noticed the fuel economy went blank so has a sensor gone west affecting ECU and hence thinks fuelling issue.

I'm not jumping to thinking this is a function of HPFP.

Thoughts/suggestions

P1139 is a misfire fault cyl 3. Swap the two middle coils, clear the faults and hope it stays away. If it moves, suspect the coil. If it stays, probably a bad plug. When did you last change the plugs?
Probably not the fuel pump unless there are other codes along with P1339 such as P1337,38,40 and P0087.

Thanks David, I had swapped 2 and 3, maybe I didn't push them down fully on the full swap this morning. Only P1339 which is cleared, no fans running at full speed is a good sign

Only cylinder 1 has a new Delphi installed

Taking for a drive again soon

I don't think the wife's done 40k yet, but will check tonight if it behaves to get us home not that I can go down the road a bit a set on public holiday Monday

Ok I used a dodgy coil, error moved

Looks like I'm leaving car here and bringing a spare down tomorrow.

Let me see but one locally

Screenshot_20231001-113338.png

For faults P1336 to P1340 I think the problem is one of plug, coil or injector only. The first 2 have shortest lives and should be isolated first.

Repco ignition coil for a Mini Cooper, sorted for now.

their new DB didn't have a compatible coil for Peugeot only Bosch which they don't stock

Now to replace 2 and 4 as obviously they all breakdown together