308 engine swap - injector introduce required?

bishka

Tadpole
bought a new engine, sent to maechanic to swap out of my 2009 Peugot 308 2.0 turbo diesel.

engine is supposed to be good. My mechanic does swap, tells me it knock and has injector issues. engine supplier tells me my mechanic "didnt introduce the injectors" my mechinc says "dont have to they are automatic"........I dont want to payt my mechanic to pull out another engine to get replaced to be paid again to put in another one if this happens again.

any ideas who is more likely to be less wrong?

maybe they werent supplied with the replacement? so it may appear that the mech that put in the engine and did not code the injectors has caused damage to an otherwise engine due to his lack of peugot knowledge?

this will be fun to sort out.

thanks for all your help

maybe they werent supplied with the replacement? so it may appear that the mech that put in the engine and did not code the injectors has caused damage to an otherwise engine due to his lack of peugot knowledge?

thanks for all your help
No you will not damage the engine by not coding the injectors

thanks for all your help
If you were to use the original ones from the car, in the correct locations no coding would be required.