308 diesel wagon 2L hdi looking for a repair manual

ajr_2010

Tadpole
Hi,
I am looking for a repair manual for a 308 diesel wagon 2L hdi. Looking at the Haynes site their manual for the 308 says does not cover the 2L diesel engine . Is there anything that does ? I am not sure exactly which variant of the engine it has . It is likely to be a DW10B or C (?) . It would be a great help if anyone could help me identify exactly what engine variant the vehicle has . The VIN is VF34HRHRJAS140261 the engine no is 10DYXG4020416.

Thanks

RHR = DW10B Three engines back from now.

For coverage of the diesel I know of offerings, both in French.
1. If you get the 2008 Citroen C5 handbook (carnet de poche) from service.citroen you'll get the basic RHR engine info for free. A different body and suspension though.
2. Revue Technique Auto online can fix you up with a paid-for downloaded and much more detailed illustrated manual for the whole car. If French leaves you cold, Google can translate any pdf page you need.

RHR = DW10B Three engines back from now.For coverage of the diesel I know of offerings, both in French. 1. If you get the 2008 Citroen C5 handbook (carnet de poche) from service.citroen you'll get the basic RHR engine info for free. A different body and suspension though. 2. Revue Technique Auto online can fix you up with a paid-for downloaded and much more detailed illustrated manual for the whole car. If French leaves you cold, Google can translate any pdf page you need.
Thanks seasink . This is the manual I think that would suit E-RTA Peugeot 308 I HAYON 5 portes de 09/2007 à 03/2011 My car was manufactured in 2010 , the manufacturing dates seem a little different to those often quoted here . I would put the whole URL but for some reason the domain is asterisked out.You mention google translate, presumably this manual remains on the site and you get a log in which you can then apply google translate to the required page ?Is there a definitive way to tell the engine variant via the VIN or other means . If I understand you correctly you said it is a DW10B but it seems there are a couple of versions of that engine . It would be useful to know for parts if the parts seller has no VIN conformation .Thanks

The VIN contains the engine code - RHR. Parts sellers need the full VIN in case there were little changes in the years of production.

Go here to find or confirm the correct one for your year - https://tinyurl.com/y6fxm7cr. (A normal link will be censored). Purchase downloads a .pdf file, typically 50 or 60 MB, and perhaps with other data. You save this file yourself on your own media. Like any pdf, pages can be split out as needed, and then the page or text referred to translate.google for an English rendering. Illustrations are plentiful.

I have many, but not this one. This company, like Haynes, meticulously scans the web to take down links to posted copies.

Do you have a specific problem? Several AF users have repair experience wth this engine.

Last edited:
The VIN contains the engine code - RHR. Parts sellers need the full VIN in case there were little changes in the years of production.

Go here to find or confirm the correct one for your year - https://tinyurl.com/y6fxm7cr. (A normal link will be censored). Purchase downloads a .pdf file, typically 50 or 60 MB, and perhaps with other data. You save this file yourself on your own media. Like any pdf, pages can be split out as needed, and then the page or text referred to translate.google for an English rendering. Illustrations are plentiful.

I have many, but not this one. This company, like Haynes, meticulously scans the web to take down links to posted copies.

Do you have a specific problem? Several AF users have repair experience wth this engine.
Thanks for your help

I checked out the site . In typical French fashion the drop down list for the registration of your billing address only includes a very limited number of European countries and former French colonies not even the UK so it isn't an EU only thing. ( I have family in the UK who could arrange to buy the manual and pass it on) . Despite my desire to pay for a manual it seems I can't . You can't manufacture an address because you need the correct billing address for your credit card . Any suggestions ?

Oh dear. They have changed since I last went there. I suspect it's part of their war on pirates.That leaves the Cit carnet de poche, which is free after you join Citroen Service (be a repairer). It may be adequate. What needs doing?.

PS Amazon UK has the RTA paper versions. Maybe a bookshop. Or search the various pdf repos (Google won't help)

Last edited:
Oh dear. They have changed since I last went there. I suspect it's part of their war on pirates.That leaves the Cit carnet de poche, which is free after you join Citroen Service (be a repairer). It may be adequate. What needs doing?.

PS Amazon UK has the RTA paper versions. Maybe a bookshop. Or search the various pdf repos (Google won't help)

Thanks . Hmm yes . The paper version is probably not ideal because I am not a French speaker your suggestion of the google translate was excellent and would really be the best for me. Do you have any suggestions for said pdf repos ? I could probably track it down if I knew vaguely where to look or which search engine was best to use (dogpile ?) . They looked really good on the website with line drawings which I find much clearer than photos.

I want it to first check service intervals, the service record is quite good but not as good as it could be . Eventually the timing belt which must be due soonish + the usual things to check, brakes , rotors etc . I've done timing belts on other vehicles but as I'm sure your aware it's not something anybody would want to launch into without the right guidance, torque settings etc. . Embarrassingly the first thing I want to do is find out how to take the engine vanity cover off then replace the oil filter. I don't want to start randomly undoing screws or levering away only to discover I've broken a clip or something .

Your problem is that if any reputable search engine can find a copy posted under a true name, the copyright cops pounce. The same goes for Haynes. I have already searched usenet for you and can't locate a copy. You might have luck with a log-in repo, or scribd.

Doing the RHR belt is one thing that is covered well in the C5 X7 carnet de poche (called "distribution") Here is a sample of the first page of 15 for that engine.
Screenshot-2.jpg

If necessary I'll try to make further reduced copies (AF has a size limit) - I'm not sure if 15 will be accepted. The pdf would be better as you can magnify it as well as translate..

PS The sample page talks about Citroen suspension precautions. That won't apply to a Peugeot.

Next page, to give you a better feeling for it-
Screenshot-2.jpg

The carnet for the Cit C4 might be a better bet. This and the P308 have much more in common, and similar suspension and accessories.