308 Daytime Running Lights Not Working

IRAs-Frog

Tadpole
Does anyone have any advice on how to turn on/reset the Daytime Running Lights on a 308?
I've tried from the Menu system without success.
Car is a 10/13 build VIN #VF34CSFVACS097448.
I've searched various forums without success :( so any help will be much appreciated.
Regards Ian

Common to burn out the pins in sockets on these it’s turned on via the radio / mfd

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Thanks DMC,
I've tried using the radio/MFD menu to turn on the DRLs with no success.
I've no running lights or front parking lights.
Some post on other sites have indicated that this function is controlled from the BSI which needs to be told that DRLs are fitted.
I've found photos of the BSI that seem to show fuses on it - but - I cannot find where the BSI is located in the car.
Are there a specific steps to reset the BSI?
If after checking the fuses (if they exist) it looks like a call on my friendly Pug mechanic with his diagnostic software.
Thanks in advance

Have you checked the globe sockets and I assume the menu option isn’t in there.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I should have been more explicit in my description :-( .
The DRLs are LEDs.
The menu option is there, but checking/unchecking/checking the box has no effect on the lights operation.

Last edited:
I should have been more explicit in my description :-( .
The DLTs are LEDs.
The menu option is there, but checking/unchecking/checking the box has no effect on the lights operation.

LEDs require correct polarity, try rotating 180 degrees and refitting. . .

Cheers
Chris

LEDs require correct polarity, try rotating 180 degrees and refitting. . .

Cheers
Chris

LED DRLs were standard on this 308 and have not been removed or unplugged.
The battery was replaced around December and has been disconnected several times since - the DRLs were only noticed to be not working recently (not sure when they stopped) and I can't get them to light up again.

LED DRLs were standard on this 308 and have not been removed or unplugged.
The battery was replaced around December and has been disconnected several times since - the DRLs were only noticed to be not working recently (not sure when they stopped) and I can't get them to light up again.

Aha, my bad, unfamiliar with the 308. . .

Have a look at this video, seems to go through a few processes to activate. Disconnecting the battery may have something to do with deactivating

Cheers
Chris

Resurrecting a "zombie" thread.
I'm surprised that it was so long ago that I started it. It seems only last year
DRL's are still not lighting - I've been running around for almost two years without them.
I've attempted a BSI reset several times with no results.
Finally I bought a Lexia/Diagbox/Peugeot Planet off Alibaba (recommended by another Peugeot site) after getting a P0299 engine fault (to resolve it, I was told Pug part #: 1922 V6 - hoist job, still not done).
Anyhow after getting the Lexia kit set up (on a Win 10, VMWare XP virtual device) I was able to check the installation of the DRLs under PP and Diagbox.
On Diagbox the lights were marked as installed.
Settings:
Type of day running lights - Dedicated day running lights.
Illumination by default of the day running lights - Yes
Simultaneous illumination of the day running lights and side lights - No
They did not illuminate.
Changing the "Simultaneous illumination of the day running lights and side lights to "Yes" switched on low/dipped beam but no DRL's. Not what I wanted.

On Peugeot Planet they were set to Type 2. They did not illuminate. Changing the setting to Type 1 switched on low/dipped beam but no DRLs.

I attempted to measure the voltage at the DRL connector - no volts were present on any of the pins/wires white , green and orange - (engine running with and without parking/side lights. I also tried measuring connectivity to ground but there was none (even on the green).

I want to see if there is any voltage present on the "dispatch" side of the wiring but am unable to source schematics or wiring diagrams for this model 308 with the dedicated LED DRL'S - only ones with filament bulbs!

Can anyone help with the location of the supply for the LED DRL's? Either with wiring diagrams or descriptions.
Is it from the fuse/supply box in the cabin (a jumble of wires and connectors as it seems the tow bar accessory wiring (or something) has been added here?)
Is it from the engine bay fuse box?
Is it from the fuse block set over the battery?
Or is it from the ECU sitting in front of the engine bay fuse block?

I've a bad feeling that the fault lies in a black box somewhere :-(

And another question - Is it the BSI in the cabin fuse box?

Cheers
Ian

I have been informed that the BSI is in the cabin - in mine it is hidden under a jumble of wires/connectors making it very hard to access.

Hi All,
Problem solved (sort of).
The bl..dy things aren't plugged in!
I finally got hold of a workshop manual and noticed that the DRL wiring is a separate loom attached to the front bumper which then plugs into a loom in the engine bay.
The only way to get to this bumper loom/plug/drls is by removing the front bumper - a fairly easy job as it is basically held on by two bolts and two self tapping screws after you remove the bottom splash guard.
When I removed the bumper I found the plug for the front loop dangling in the breeze.
That's where the "sort of" solution came into play.
I couldn't find an engine bay plug!
Background - the front bumper was removed by the dealer back in 2018 when they repaired a rear engine bearing oil leak under warranty (the front of the vehicle has to be disassembled to split the engine and gearbox).
I am assuming that the dealer did not replace the DRL loom wiring when they reassembled the car.
I took the car back to the dealers today and spoke to the service manager - he had difficulty with time time lapsed between the repair and my bring it to his attention (so do I).
The are having a look at it next week to judge if it is their responsibility. I would think so, as the only time the bumper has been off is when they did the repair and yesterday when I had it off.
In my defence your honour, who "looks" at their drls to see if they are running and I did raise this issue on this forum in June 2019 thinking it was a fault and have not been too worried about fixing it ($ costs you know)!
This message is being copied to some other place on this form and elsewhere as I have been trying to find a solution.
Thanks to all for their input.
IRA