308 AIRCON COMPRESSOR

citpug

Tadpole
Hi all - I've just been quoted $1400 to replace my aircon compressor on a 9/2010 308 hatchback sportium 2.0 HDMI of which the regas and fitting is $700. Toying with aftermarket / used both of which have obvious pitfalls. I live on the Gold Coast Qld. Any suggestions or recommendations for another quote? Due to health problems I am unable to fit it myself. Thank you in anticipation

JUST BAUGHT ONE FROM E A I $700 ,FOR MY 307 ,AIR CON GUY IT LETTING ME INSTALL .AFTER HE HAS DE GASSED ,MATES RATES ,[HE IS FLAT OUT ]

On Brisbane side, not sure if that's too far away for you, ask Matt at Peugeotech in Brendale for advise.

That's actually a pretty good price for a new compressor installed. I'd be happy with that.

That's actually a pretty good price for a new compressor installed. I'd be happy with that.
Another place that has been in business a long time quoted $1150. Given that the compressor price seems to vary between $6 - 700 and a supplier / fitter told me it would be 1 to maybe 1.5 hours labour it seems pretty dear to me.

JUST BAUGHT ONE FROM E A I $700 ,FOR MY 307 ,AIR CON GUY IT LETTING ME INSTALL .AFTER HE HAS DE GASSED ,MATES RATES ,[HE IS FLAT OUT ]
Don't suppose you'd know the part number - Ron tried taking a photo for me but missed out the second part of the number - what I can see is - Sanden - NORM -R:34A - OIL 135CC - 06 (? NOT SURE) 713.............. APPARENTLY THE 713 IS THE IMPORTANT BIT. Sorry - my caps light isn't working lol.

I'm away for the weekend Tangalooma for a 60th ,b home today send it to you ,EAI can send you the rite one from your vin or rego , I know there are some variations .we are on the ferry in an hour john

I'm away for the weekend Tangalooma for a 60th ,b home today send it to you ,EAI can send you the rite one from your vin or rego , I know there are some variations .we are on the ferry in an hour john
Thanks mate - I have booked it in with a long term reputable place $1150 for the job - all good now (hopefully) - same brand as is in there .

thats good ,sorry i forgot all about you .i had my 307 up to ron holdway yesterday for a cam belt ,that highway through palm beach burleigh is nuts , ,just dodged a traffic jam due to an accident at 5.30 am ,

i thought i was answering a PM, but there you go ,i just did the changeover it was fairly straight forward ,holding the tensioner back whilst re fitting the belt ,taxed the strength in my hands and the locating dowel that holds the compressor in the block even though the 3 bolts were removed had me stumped, it let go after a little jiggling ,now to get it re gassed .