308 2015 A/C not cold

pugtastic

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
I've been having 'engine fault - repair needed' flash up every now and then, particularly when using the A/C or whilst idling in a drive-thru que. It was happening more often recently so I booked in to the mechanic and they replaced the engine fan controller. Cost me $320. However the A/C is only cool and not very effective at all, certainly won't cut it once summer is here, it used to be ice cold. The mechanic did not do any pressure testing and said they don't do the new R1234YF refrigerant which is apparently very expensive. They reckon the A/C was now working after replacing the fan controller, but I think it's only slightly better if anything. It also appears to be cooler on the driver side and warmer on the passenger side..

I am wondering if it needs a regas? Anyone else experienced a problem like this? I don't want to keep throwing money away. I thought this would have solved the problem and now don't know what to do..

Same problem here, it's booked in next week. Procedure is vacuum empty,then fill and pressurise with a die to check for leaks, then evacute that, repair leaks if any, and regass the system. Quoted about 3 hours assuming no leaks. Car is 10 years old, so it maybe natural seeping of gas. More next week

Did they find and repair the leak? It may leak out again within a few weeks/months if they didn't fix the reason it leaked in the first place!

That's good news for you. Though yes, have to wonder how it all leaked out in the first place. Some leakage is normal through the seals but to lose it all usually means a more sizeable leak. And it's obviously not the R1234YF gas like it is in mine, apparently more like $500 to regas. SCA sell a DIY regas kit for $200 and I think it contains dye in it for leak testing. But my A/C seems to have improved since i've been running it some more, still don't think it's as cold as it used to be, but it is comfortable. Probably been out of action for a long time due to faulty fan controller and just needed some time to circulate the gas and get up and running again. So will see how things go, for now not worrying about it. Maybe my condensor was not one of the bad ones and I got lucky..

We have a 2011 308 Diesel 2ltr. Our mechanic has found the compressor is not working something electrical has gone.

it needs a new compressor. Is there any places where these are available apart from Peugeot?

thanks in advance.