308 2.0 Hdi Starting Problem and Parasitic drain

Hi gromzx, Do you happen to know where the crank angle sensor is located? One of the images on the internet shows it accessed from the right hand front wheel space but another has it near the battery. Looking for the easy way here.
Though the right hand wheel arch. Near the crank pulley, as shown in the pic above.
I don't know about on the 308, but on the 3008, I can access it just by removing the wheel. No need to remove the wheel arch liner.

The pic is the RHR 2.0 HDI motor. Other 2 L diesels differ, which is why the engine code should always be quoted.

The pic is the RHR 2.0 HDI motor. Other 2 L diesels differ, which is why the engine code should always be quoted.
Thanks seasink, gromzx, RHR is correct. When I looked at the CAS in place, the loom appeared as if it had been worked on. I cleaned the terminals and replaced the failing insulation tape with 33+. I didn't expect any performance difference but could not help noting an improved 'take off torque' from stopped. It seemed to have a 'new lease of life' (cav91 commented on that symptom earlier, related to the the fuel pressure regulator).

It will take some time to see whether the misfiring has also been affected.

gromzx, you mentioned that the Crank Angle Sensor is cheap and easy to change. I agree that $70-$80 is OK but it looks like the crank pulley has to move to slide the CAS out. Is that correct?

I was under the impression that it could be removed without removing the crank pulley, but I have never tried, so I could be wrong.
Has anyone here changed the crank angle sensor on a RHR?

No misfiring for 200kms after cleaning the crank angle sensor terminals and tidying up the loom termination.

We need more time and kms to be really positive about this because we had about 1000kms of 'misfire-free' motoring after parking the vehicle for 6 weeks and a mechanic had cleared the fault codes over Christmas. Then the misfiring started again.

Thank you seasink, dmccurtayne, cav91, dimistyle, kelpiebat and gromzx for your input. I'm confident that cleaning and sealing the crank angle sensor connection has solved the problem. The parasite voltage leak has also been eliminated by replacing the RD4 with a 2DIN head unit.
Having a somewhat reliable 308, I can now get started on my 407 HDI Touring and my 505GTD. The 505 will be a full monty thing.

Thanks for reporting back. Always good to know when a problem is resolved.

Just out of interest. (Maybe this isn't the place to post this, but I'll do it anyway:rolleyes:)
I had problems with the CAS plug my parents 3008. The lock broke and the plug vibrates loose. I wedged it with something, but it's not the most elegant solution.
Has anyone replaced this plug? Is there a plug replacement kit?

Thanks for reporting back. Always good to know when a problem is resolved.

Just out of interest. (Maybe this isn't the place to post this, but I'll do it anyway:rolleyes:)
I had problems with the CAS plug my parents 3008. The lock broke and the plug vibrates loose. I wedged it with something, but it's not the most elegant solution.
Has anyone replaced this plug? Is there a plug replacement kit?
CAS?

I don't have access right now, and it doesn't look like I kept any picture.
A problem for another day.