307HDI Stranded Help!

luthier

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
The boy had trouble with the remote on his key so went to jaycar and replaced the battery.
Now he's stuck outside Jaycar and it won't start or turn on ignition or even lock the door.
I told him to return it to the way it was with the old battery but it still doesn't work. Neither does the spare key.
He says the spring got lost but that shouldn't matter.
Calling NRMA but is there any knowledge out there on this? Likely scenarios?
I tried a search but couldn't find anything.
Thanks.

What area

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

In mayfield give me a call have pm my number

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

I'm sure dmccurtayne will be able to sort this - but I'll be very surprised if it's anything to do with the key battery. After all, these cars only came with one remote key - spares don't have remote function, and no battery.

My guess is a much bigger battery - either the engine-bay battery has failed, or a quick-release battery terminal has - umm - released! My 406 has one of these creations of the Bureau do Batards - I need to replace it, as it's started working itself loose.

Cheers

Alec

I'm sure dmccurtayne will be able to sort this - but I'll be very surprised if it's anything to do with the key battery. After all, these cars only came with one remote key - spares don't have remote function, and no battery.

My guess is a much bigger battery - either the engine-bay battery has failed, or a quick-release battery terminal has - umm - released! My 406 has one of these creations of the Bureau do Batards - I need to replace it, as it's started working itself loose.

Cheers

Alec

Your dart flys straight and true sir

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Make sure the little ceramic chip does not fall out and remains in key body, car will not start without, its a near field energised IC that transmits the ID to the immobiliser to enable start, otherwise it just turns over.

Well done both of you, looks like the suggestion regarding darts infers its done?

Thanks to DMCCURTAYNE for advice rendered and Armidillo as he said you were spot on. I was so amazed that David was so close and available during the crisis which I was conducting very remotely from Nimbin and so grateful that the boy could fly free yet again under daddies and other's steam.
But when do they grow up?
At this stage I'm not holding my breath. Thankfully a new contact with David to send the boy and the daughter to have expert Peugeot servicing and such when I can't drop everything and drive 9 hours to help them out.

I reckon the French fraternity around Newcastle are very lucky to someone such as David to look after their pride and joy. He's also very helpful on this website too