307cc Review

Pfug....

Wow, what a pathetic review!

Firstly, the 306 is certainly NOT the best-selling Peugeot ever, as the Guardian's Mr. Giles Smith claims.

Let's see: this figure has been surpassed by the 404, 504, 205 and 206.....in the case of the 205, by about double. Good reasearch Mr. Smith. :rolleyes:

The article implies that the car leaks with the roof up. Until you read the text and realise that it's the driver's stupidity, in rolling a window down in the rain with a hoard of water blobs on the roof, then driving in such a way as to direct the water into the opened window that causes the "leak". Duh

One wonders if Mr. Smith in a pub holds his pint of beer in his left hand and then spills it on himself when someone asks him for the time. ;)

About the trunk lid, it's hard to say, the shape of it would seem to encourage some water drops to slide in over the edge when it's opened.

The criticism of the shape is fair, because the 307 hatch is a lumpy thing and it's hard to make a lithe shape out of it. But the 307 CC is a credible attempt, even if the result is somewhat unsatisfactory.

The criticism of the engine choice for this car is valid too. The 180 HP engine is far too peaky to move this lard-assed car around satisfactorily. What this car needs is a low-pressure turbo or supercharger. That is, torque, and lots of it, preferably peaking around 2000-2500 rpm. Even the V6 would be good. I expect that Peugeot will fit the 2.2L 160 HP engine form the 406 + 406 C (which has decent torque) in the base model 307 CC shortly, with something better to come for the go-faster version.

Overall though this is a poor article, amateurish in the extreme.

And, even more so, appears to know nothing about convertibles. :rolleyes:

If I may be so bold as to paraphrase Richard Gere's character from Pretty Woman "If you love convertibles from the start, you will always love convertibles. If you don't, you may learn to apprecitate them but they will never be part of your soul" :cool:

M. Tippett said:
One wonders if Mr. Smith in a pub holds his pint of beer in his left hand and then spills it on himself when someone asks him for the time. ;)

Perfect! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

How would you feel, if someone reviewed your prized creation like this... :cry:

Last edited:
GTI124 said:
Oh dear, what a review! Poor 307
You gotta love this Clarkson quote though ...

Nought to 60, for instance takes more than 10 seconds and that makes it slower than a 1.8 litre Kia Shuma. Which in turn is slower than an asthmatic pensioner running across a ploughed field in muddy wellies.

- XTC206 -

My favourite is:
"On balance, I think Peugeot should go back to using Pininfarina to style its cars and ditch Ray Charles"

Funny, AND I agree with the sentiments!

the review seems a little harsh... I dont think the 307cc is a great looking Pug but it's not ugly.

slick said:
the review seems a little harsh... I dont think the 307cc is a great looking Pug but it's not ugly.
Considering what they had to work with (the hatch) .. it's a pretty good effort, all it needs is more grunt !

- XTC206 -