307CC deliveries ....

XTC

VIC: a fine driving state
1000+ Posts
First two 307CC's arrived in WA last week ... delivery of the second one is today, better get down to Allpikes before lunch if you want a peak. The first one (sports) went to Bernie from Bernie, Zara and Troy Fame ( :disappr: sorry their radio program sux - but his taste in cars is much better :) ) . "Apparently" Allpike flew him by helicopter to meet his wife and the car in a PR stunt, great PR stunt, no-one I now in the PCCWA knew about it - typical :rolleyes: What a waste of money ! :whip: (we can't even get T-Shirts out of them)

- XTC206 -

HI,

Yeah saw the big ad near the hospital in brisbane a couple of days ago. I have seen one at city peugeot. Looks great but I hate the local dealer. A real shame! Should be a good seller once the 307 cc wrc car gets on the road.

Nick

briz205 said:
HI,

Yeah saw the big ad near the hospital in brisbane a couple of days ago. I have seen one at city peugeot. Looks great but I hate the local dealer. A real shame! Should be a good seller once the 307 cc wrc car gets on the road.

Nick

For the Sydney-siders, there're two at Alec Mildren on Pacific Highway. I saw them last Friday when I picked up my car. The dealer side that it wasn't ready for test drives last weekend but expects them to be available this weekend.

Cheers

-Mark

When I went into Peugeot on Crown last Sat to test drive the 180, a grey 307 CC 138 with 17" wheels was picked up by its new owners! I was told by the dealer that was the first delivery in Sydney.

There's a few 307 CCs around Sydney, 3 down at Rockdale, 2 at A&J's.

This is one of the SOLD cars at Peugeot on Crown.
9.jpg

10.jpg

Had a look yesterday at "number two", a red automatic, its nice :) but sitting in it it felt to much like a "cruising" rather then "driving" car. The car's dash was partially dismantled as Allpikes was still doing the predelivery
Some nice touches such as AC in the glovebox to keep the :cheers:tinnies cold and the roof is now truly one touch (no latches to undo).

Compared with the 206CC the seat depth in rear is a lot better, but with the drivers seat in the normal position, you can still only have passengers with 2-3" thick legs :disappr:
Also had a droll over the 180 and the Cit C2 R nice...:dance:

Saw CC number one being loaded onto a trunk on Saturday morning, probably on delivery. I heard someone say it was a "present" for someone. I had a look at the auto in the showroom. They are nice looking, especially from the rear. The dash was partially dismantled when I looked at it as well. I agree that it is more a cruising car than a driving car.

I also took the C2 VTR for a spin. Quite nice, although I didn't notice any real improvements in the Sensodrive gearbox which was disappointing. That's an area they are going to have to work on.

Troy.

I just wish they'd do some proper PR and let people know :whip: ... sure I might not be able to take it for a test drive, but I also know 2 or 3 other people who are interested in the car and would have loved to take a look ... don't Peugeot do model launches any more ?

- XTC206 -

XTC206 said:
First two 307CC's arrived in WA last week ... delivery of the second one is today, better get down to Allpikes before lunch if you want a peak. The first one (sports) went to Bernie from Bernie, Zara and Troy Fame ( :disappr: sorry their radio program sux - but his taste in cars is much better :) ) . "Apparently" Allpike flew him by helicopter to meet his wife and the car in a PR stunt, great PR stunt, no-one I now in the PCCWA knew about it - typical :rolleyes: What a waste of money ! :whip: (we can't even get T-Shirts out of them)

- XTC206 -
City Pug Brisbane had a Slate Grey/Full Balck Leather in their showroom last week. Saw a Mulberry/Full Black Leather on the road in Brissy this week, and yes, the older couple driving had the roof down. I stopped beside them at the lights in Kermit and complimented them on the colour.

XTC206 said:
I just wish they'd do some proper PR and let people know :whip: ... sure I might not be able to take it for a test drive, but I also know 2 or 3 other people who are interested in the car and would have loved to take a look ... don't Peugeot do model launches any more ?
Seems that way actually - they don't really do any real launches at the dealers. Only heard of a small night at Straightway Peugeot for people to see the 307CC back around September last year when it was around.

Proper launches aren't cheap though. Our Volvo dealer has a launch event for the S40/V50 on Thursday. Cost - $13,000! :eek:

Pug307 said:
Seems that way actually - they don't really do any real launches at the dealers. Only heard of a small night at Straightway Peugeot for people to see the 307CC back around September last year when it was around.

Proper launches aren't cheap though. Our Volvo dealer has a launch event for the S40/V50 on Thursday. Cost - $13,000! :eek:
Are you going to it Justin?

Pug307 said:
There is launch events and launch events ... how much would it cost to notify pug owners (some could be even e-mail) that the car is in the showroom and invite them for a coffee and cake and pick up a brochure ... not asking for anything fancy (don't want to see my service bills any higher then they are :)

- XTC206 -

XTC206 said:
There is launch events and launch events ... how much would it cost to notify pug owners (some could be even e-mail) that the car is in the showroom and invite them for a coffee and cake and pick up a brochure ... not asking for anything fancy (don't want to see my service bills any higher then they are :)
Absolutely, I just want to see what a $13,000 launch is like :roflmao: Eventually they'll get their reward from us :D Good people and good service should be rewarded.

kermit said:
Are you going to it Justin?
I'll be there!

Pug307 said:
Absolutely, I just want to see what a $13,000 launch is like :roflmao: Eventually they'll get their reward from us :D Good people and good service should be rewarded.
You all better be getting $100 showbags !!!

- XTC206 -