307 tow bar wiring

Developments ,we installed a new fuel filter this arvo bled the ,filled the filter housing with fresh diesel ,and it started up ,a bit fluttery at first but settled down ok after a while ,then we moved on t0 the wireing we determined that the big green wire was in fact earthed to the body ,we installed that in the 7 pin ,then put it in reverse and set of the reversing buzzer ,proceeded to connect spare wires to the one wire we knew went to the lid switch on the old socket ,buzzer kept buzzing ,then connected test light [led] to the body earth ,and found all the wires required l and r indicator, brake /tail ,and reverse ,we havent had it connected to a trailer yet but ,tests ok ,my son was assured he would need the socket with a lid switch ,so thats what threw us ,we will just have to get used to it beeping in reverse when the trailer is connected ,pugs

Does your 307 have the reversing sensors built in to the rear bumper bar?

I presume that it must, if it’s making a buzzing sound.

My car does not have those sensors, so why does it have the oversized plug?

So they can be retro fitted possibly ,do you have that funny plug on your trailer or do you use an adapter ,pugs

Er, sorry, I didn't reply to your question.

I haven't used the trailer with my 307, yet. I'm still trying to work out how to!

I was looking at the Peugeot Australia website today - just browsing, as I can't afford a new car. But I came across this page for the 13 pin wiring harness for the 508 sportswagon. (I think that it's irrelevant which model it is for.)

The note at the bottom of the page indicates that this wiring harness is "Not compatible with caravans and trailers fitted with LED lamps”.

Why would that be?

And the fact that my trailer is fitted with LED lamps is now making me nervous for attempting to use it with my 307.

My 406 had a different, large round wiring plug when I purchased the car. From memory, it was a 9 pin plug and I was told that it was a common plug used in Victoria. I changed that over to a 7 pin flat with no trouble, many years ago, and I've been using the trailer with the LED lamps quite happily. But this other one on the 307? I'm not so sure now.