307 remap outcomes

Matthew

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
My RHY 307 HDi was given a remap and as result the young lady who now owns it has just come back for roadworthy. The car is on 858km with 310 estimated on one tank. I am amazed. I do remember peugeot advertising it did 3.3/100 around Australia, they mus have travelled at 60km/hr all the way in 5th to do this.

Happy owner now waiting to transfer ownership.

This one is doing 100-110 between the Gold Coast and Brisvegas so better the original fuel map. Time to do my 407 then!

The 407 already does 1400 with a tank so I am extremely interested in this one with its 70 litre tank.

Sadly it not as economic as the Tesla, its 7-8 km /kwHr which is more economical!

Goiven the RHY is 2004 I am extremely impressed with its perfromance..

Ive got a 406 with a HDI remap does around 1400 kms per tank, mostly at 100kph I live in regional VIC so ver little around town driving. I also run 100% bio diesel which has about 10% less energy content than dio diesel.

What are the differences from the default mapping? I presume you are after speed, but does that compromise something?

In my case the 406 went from 110hp to 145hp and is a very noticeable improvement in drivability. Ive also got a 307 that went from 136hp to 180 hp and it goes like a rocket
you can get the KESS ECU read write software from ebay and in most cases the new map can be put on the ECU via the obd port.

The PSA design engineers could have done that too. What interests me is why they didn't aim for maximum power - what would have been compromised?

The HDI site has several maps you can choose from, but you will have to replace the clutch, exhaust, intercooler, and map sensor, and turbo, for the stage 3 210hp. The PSA design engineers didnt want to deal with customers breaking the drive train under warranty.

theres no such thing as a free lunch ,makes you wonder though ,they often clamed that the map is more specific to use and altitude etc cars serviced at regular intervals ,but most run the injector s at higher pressure ,so could put more strain on components ,but with fuel prices going they way they are im tempted to spend $1200 on a re map of my Ducato van ,if the ks warrant it, im currently near Adelaide where Diesel is $1.78/litre, were as in tweed when i left was $2.34 ,

Not after speed at all, fuel efficiency was the target and the outcome was achieved, going for the 407 likewise, I will be impressed if it does! Cheap at 200 pacific pesos and stay sane and the drive train will not suffer. Stage 1 only.

Last edited: