307 key / electronics

PS to my last... just read the F108 is not recommended for Pug models before 2008.

The f108 will pull codes from anything back to really late 406s but for anything else it’s useless

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Hey boys, electrical trick, take all power out, wash in metho leave in sun to dry off, no water left. Then reapply power.

Have you ever heard of using a hair dryer or hot air gun? I have washed electronic circuit boards in water and detergent to remove years of built up dirt etc and after a thorough rinse in clean water dried them off with my temp controlled hot air gun. No problems at all ...

I've had an interesting week chasing locksmiths.

SNIP

Then on Friday morning, I rang a Peugeot dealer, just out of curiosity, really. I seriously had to ask the service agent twice to go and check the price she quoted me but she was certain and has charged my credit card. $240.00. They have my VIN from the car being there previously and they'll ring me in three weeks when the key arrives having been cut overseas (France?). When they ring, I go and see them, and they spend about 90 minutes programming the key to the car or whatever it is, but the $240.00 I have paid is for everything, key, fob and programming.

Who would have thought that the dealer would be $110.00 cheaper than after-market one?!?!

That's a bit surprising... I checked with my Peugeot dealer and he gave approximate prices of around $210 for a new key plus another $220 or thereabouts for cutting and programming.

I am taking the car to Krazy Keys on Thursday where they will supply a new key, cut the blade and program it for $150.00 total.

Leave in the sun to dry off? In this area? In winter? I do like the idea, but I'd have to wait for summer to come, or at least spring time!

Cooling oven then, that I did not mention as its harder to manage, if you cannot hold your hand in there don't do it as it can and will melt things. Ideally 50 degrees dropping to room temp

I am taking the car to Krazy Keys on Thursday where they will supply a new key, cut the blade and program it for $150.00 total.
I don't know if we have Krazy Keys on this side of the country, but I did try other locksmiths. They were all more expensive than the dealer.

Out of interest, will Krazy Keys be installing your new key into a fob? An original fob?

Cooling oven then, that I did not mention as its harder to manage, if you cannot hold your hand in there don't do it as it can and will melt things. Ideally 50 degrees dropping to room temp
I'm apparently not good at transmitting my sarcastic tone over the forum. Sorry, Matthew. You weren't the only person who didn't pick it up.

As you mention, though, I would be very cautious about putting anything into the oven when it is on, no matter the temperature! I don't imagine trying to regulate a household oven at 50ºC would be an easy task.

I do 307 to 308 keys for 120 cut and coded

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Feedback on Krazy Keys.

Completely unsuccessful. The replacement key was an aftermarket which I expected. The guy cut the new blade and programmed the key with his Advanced Diagnostics https://www.advanced-diagnostics.com/SmartPro but would it remotely open and close the doors? Not on your sweet Nelly!! He spent about 1-1/2 hours at it and then gave up. He didn't charge me at all which was some relief.

A bit of background...

Car is 307 XSE HDi 2.0L auto hatch purch new Nov 2006. VIN: VF33CRHRJ84766002

The original key has never given any problems until about 2 weeks ago. Intermittently failed to lock/unlock the doors. I checked the battery under load and it was good at 2.99V (I have an electronics background). Obviously I checked the board for obvious signs of dry joints, shorts etc and washed the board in Isopropyl Alcohol before replacing in the fob case. Still causing problems.

I then removed the board and used my bench power supply current limited to 20mA in place of the lithium cell and operated the lock/unlock buttons several times in succession. This seemed successful on the first few attempts but then I noticed the power supply current limit had activated and the supply voltage dropped to 1V. I checked with my Ohmmeter across the battery connection points on the board and it measured a mere 45 ohms both ways. Definite evidence that the board electronics had finally failed completely.

After the Krazy Keys episode I requested a definite written quote from the Peugeot dealer. New key - "Door safety catch transmitter PE-649075" a mere $226.35 incl gst. Cutting and programming $176.00 incl gst - a grand total of $402.35. I am a bit concerned that after paying out this enormous amount that if the problem also involves the car electronics for the keyfob receiver I would be facing an even bigger outlay. I wonder if there is any means of sending a remote lock/unlock signal from a programmable code transmitter (using the security pin) to test the receiver before wasting time and money making a new key?

When I lost a Citroen key the dealer's replacement, cut, and recode price was a good deal less than that.

The replacement key, wherever sourced, needs a Diagbox to recode with the immobiliser.

Something I have found is corrosion on the circuit board near the immobiliser chip.

Well there is 2 hours of your life your not getting back the bsi’s don’t fail like that get the key cut your self to save the cost of the dealer getting someone to or order a cut key from France don’t over egg the pudding it’s just a remote

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Well there is 2 hours of your life your not getting back the bsi’s don’t fail like that get the key cut your self to save the cost of the dealer getting someone to or order a cut key from France don’t over egg the pudding it’s just a remote

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that... Do you mean "buy the genuine key and then get it cut and programmed by a locksmith" or Mr Minit? After the Krazy Keys attempt at programming I am not so sure if this would be a success.

When I lost a Citroen key the dealer's replacement, cut, and recode price was a good deal less than that.

The replacement key, wherever sourced, needs a Diagbox to recode with the immobiliser.

Something I have found is corrosion on the circuit board near the immobiliser chip.
Less than what?

There have been many prices mentioned here; it would be helpful if you specify which particular one you're referring to.

Yes, I'm sure that Allan McKay Motors in Moss Vale knows that he needs to use Diagbox to recode the key.

And the locksmith I went to examined the circuit board under a microscope. I may not have observed him doing that, but I do know people who have successfully used this locksmith for other Peugeots as well as for other makes, including French makes.

I was referring to the Perth post before mine. Allan McKay wasn't involved.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that... Do you mean "buy the genuine key and then get it cut and programmed by a locksmith" or Mr Minit? After the Krazy Keys attempt at programming I am not so sure if this would be a success.

No just as I said cut only that will save the mark up that a dealer will put on a locksmith and if your really keen get a Delphi ds150e and code it yourself

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Carefully select the right key on ebay, buy a delphi and swap blade and chip over, a lot less and equally as functional. No matter what you do its a fair cost.

Looks interesting. What's on the CD? If executable, what OS?

Edit: the blurb talks about Win XP. Is that necessary?

Chris,
Your link shows that the seller is shipping software from 2015.

I freely admit that I'm a complete newbie at this, but four year old software? The link which rherber1 posted isn't a great deal better; their software is from 2016. Yes, I understand that our cars are from 2006 and 2007, and yours is extremely new, a 2008 model!

What difference does it make having software so 'old'? Surely software gets updated. What updates do these devices get?

Thanks,
Andrew