307 key / electronics

...I purchased a new ‘empty’ fob from eBay for approximately $3.00, including post. It did have a blank blade, but I wasn’t interested in that. All I needed (at the time) was the case and the silver button that popped out the blade. I took my blade and circuit board and put them into the new fob, and until I washed my fob a month or so ago, I have had a working remote control fob/key.

It is probably still worthwhile posting the board pics so here goes.
DSCF2156_30%.jpg
DSCF2157_30%.jpg

That is essentially what I have done. In my case the remote access was not operating due to a board fault which occurred without being immersed. The low resistance shunt across the battery on my board is probably related to the 433MHz transmitter section. Removing the battery to prevent it going flat does not affect the function of the RFID chip.

I suspect that the unintended immersion of your fob has also damaged the 433MHz transmitter on the board because it is powered from the battery at all times just waiting for a key press. Such treatment can cause major faults to the active devices due to the interconnection of all pins via the conducting medium of the water causing excessive currents to be injected into points which were never intended to endure such currents. The RFID chip on the board has escaped damage because it is not powered by the battery and drying the fob has allowed this chip to remain functional. Therefore you can still start the car.

It is just a guess but it may be possible for a low voltage powered up board to escape damage if the battery is submerged before the components on the board get wet due to the resistive shunt across the battery causing the voltage to be lowered to a point where excessive currents can't be sustained. I have seen the catastrophic effects resulting from mice setting up home in a 2kW sine wave inverter and urinating on the heatsink mounting the high voltage switching mosfets. The mosfets were sure to fail due to excessive currents but in failing they in turn produced a domino effect on 20 or more low powered devices on the control board.

Last edited:
Correct, the RFID chip is the copper wire thing, stand alone and cheaper yet than anything I have seen. It really is not worth trying to redo the IC's, replace the board and move on. These are the modern flip type boards, mine is completely different.

Mind you after dropping my mobile into a bucket of caustic soda, looked at it glowing under the water, I pulled the battery I flushed it in metho and dried it off, it worked for quite a while until retired.

Mind you after dropping my mobile into a bucket of caustic soda, looked at it glowing under the water, I pulled the battery I flushed it in metho and dried it off, it worked for quite a while until retired.

Sometimes you can be lucky. Generally speaking, powered up electronic devices, particularly IC's, do not react well to being immersed.

Correct, the RFID chip is the copper wire thing, stand alone and cheaper yet than anything I have seen.

Strangely, when I first looked at the board I considered this coil was associated with the remote locking transmitter...

But now I think about it - 433MHz? Not with that number of turns it ain't. Of course, it is the near field excitation coil with the RFID chip (which looks like a small ferrite bar) in the middle. :doh:

This gives it way, how many buttons on the face two only? I ask as the 407 version of this same key has 3.

You will be up for reprogramming the car for another key, all keys deleted and re-entered if you get a new board/key. Meanwhile you have a functioning key minus central locking, if this is important to you I can help identify and replace said board / chip. This also shows the rfid chip is passive. No battery needed.
I'm lost, Matthew. Sorry.

What gives what way? And do you mean, 'away'?

Yes, my remote has two buttons.

What model of the 407 version of the same key has 3 buttons? Is it the sedan 407? If so, is the third button for unlocking, or maybe releasing, the boot?

Yes, I currently have a fob key which starts the car, but has no remote central locking.

I have ordered and paid for a new key (fob). I expect it to arrive this week. Are you saying that means that my current fob/key will no longer work, even to start the car?

I have finally made some progress with getting a key for my 307. It did cost me $220.00 though. A1 Locksmiths in Morley WA were able to do the job in about 45 minutes.

they used a key from Keydiy kd900 keydiy auto remotes auto blades (NB22 3+1, I think - the website is a bit hard to navigate) and programmed it with a Zed-full OBD2 programmer. Because A1 don't stock a large range of keys you basically take what they have. The key provided had 4 buttons (door lock/unlock, boot unlock and a panic button) so I have 2 redundant buttons. Nevertheless, it works...

It appears that Keydiy don't make anything with 2 buttons and it looks like the 307 uses keys in the NB series. The web page here shows the NB02 and NB07 NB series remote for auto

I have finally made some progress with getting a key for my 307. It did cost me $220.00 though. A1 Locksmiths in Morley WA were able to do the job in about 45 minutes.
I'm glad that you have had success!

But why do you call it 'some progress'? Are you planning to go further down the track of key cutting/programming, or are you going to stop?

And how did you get onto this crowd?

I'm lost, Matthew. Sorry.

What gives what way? And do you mean, 'away'?

Yes, my remote has two buttons.

What model of the 407 version of the same key has 3 buttons? Is it the sedan 407? If so, is the third button for unlocking, or maybe releasing, the boot?

Yes, I currently have a fob key which starts the car, but has no remote central locking.

I have ordered and paid for a new key (fob). I expect it to arrive this week. Are you saying that means that my current fob/key will no longer work, even to start the car?

OK, the reference to the large silver button and the flip function, this is the more modern key, the 407 wagin has three buttons, the middle one unlocks part of the boot lid. The sedan may have a two button version, the exiting key can be kept to start car but nothing else as you know.

I'm glad that you have had success!

But why do you call it 'some progress'? Are you planning to go further down the track of key cutting/programming, or are you going to stop?

I suppose it does sound like I am going to keep going.... While I have now got a working key I am still of a mind to try to get my old Peugeot key working. This means I would have to replace the faulty board with one having the same serial number and it would also mean being able to program it. When searching online I discovered there was mention of Peugeot key serial numbers so I had a look on my old board and found it was 21676652. I simply searched on Google for this number and up came some Youtube results which included this number. eg;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdbhMUn7Ofw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeo0xP5knNI

I have found refurbished (unlocked) boards on Ebay from the UK or Russia but I have further checking to do before I decide to buy one. The cheapest are in the region of $15 plus postage. Try an Ebay search for 21676652.

I hate to let anything beat me... Of course, cost will have a bit to say in whether or not I keep going. We self-funded retirees are doing dough everytime the RBA drops interest rates.

And how did you get onto this crowd?

I just checked online for automotive locksmiths wa and they came up high on the list. They have several locations but the car keys are done at the Morley shop. They are a fairly big organisation as far as locksmiths go. I asked a friend and he said he has used them for remote keys on two occasions with good results.

That's a bit surprising... I checked with my Peugeot dealer and he gave approximate prices of around $210 for a new key plus another $220 or thereabouts for cutting and programming.

I am taking the car to Krazy Keys on Thursday where they will supply a new key, cut the blade and program it for $150.00 total.

I have just collected my car from Allan Mackay Autos in Moss Vale with my new genuine Peugeot key.

I paid $240 at the time of ordering the key, and, as I expected, there was nothing more to pay today upon collection.

rherber1, you need to find a different Peugeot dealer. Whoever you asked about your key was going to rip you off, big time.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

I have just collected my car from Allan Mackay Autos in Moss Vale with my new genuine Peugeot key.

I paid $240 at the time of ordering the key, and, as I expected, there was nothing more to pay today upon collection.

rherber1, you need to find a different Peugeot dealer. Whoever you asked about your key was going to rip you off, big time.

Haven't been back for a while... sorry to take so long to reply....

Unfortunately, there is only ONE authorised Peugeot dealer in the whole of Perth. I did guess that the price quoted by this dealer was a rip-off so I didn't get it done by them.

I managed to get A1 locksmiths in Morley to supply and program an aftermarket key for $220.00.