307 Intermittent Window Issues

NDaveo

Tadpole
Hi all,
Newbie to this forum, but I'm at wits end with the windows issues that I'm currently having.
Car is a late 05 (Facelifted) 307 1.6 TDI hatch.
The problem: I'm having random issues with the FRONT windows, with the rear windows both working perfectly fine. They will both intermittently fail, with the relay's in the controllers no longer clicking. Sometimes they will still go up, but will have no power (clicking) when going down. They will not work for a minute or two, and then suddenly work again. They are not linked.. One might fail whilst the other window is working and vice versa, but it is always the fronts. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason with the problem.

What I've tried: BSI reset, window reset (hold 10 secs at top and 10 secs at bottom) Replace driver switches (scrapyard), clean driver switches, Replace driver side controller (scrapyard), re-seat connectors in doors, re-seat all fuses and BSI connectors. Lubricate windows (Silicon spray), lubricate rails in the doors.

Any ideas or help would be Much appreciated!
Dave

I would get a new switch it’s almost always the drivers switch here is a link

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Thanks for the response,
I have tried replacing with a used switch from the wreckers, and have pulled both the new and old one apart, and fully cleaned them out with iso-propyl alcohol, polished the contact pads and scrubbed the contacts with a nylon brush. Both have the exact same issues.
Also, the fault occurs when only using the front passenger switch as well; it isn't limited to when using the drivers control panel.

Still think a new switch will fix it?

I’ve never seen that exact fault I’ve worked on these since they where new but window learning is critical in these and this can cause all sort of issues I had some cars that had issues with the door control modules but this was way before T6 cars
On thing to try is when they are failing use the remote to lift the windows if it works ok it would have to be a switch

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I can't seem to get them to fail in the open position, so that test is a bit hard to carry out. When they initially fail, the up still works, just the down that stops working, it is only after you reach the top and pull the up switch again that they seem to fail on the up actuation too (no more relay noise).
Whilst they are open and working the key brings them up fine.
I would suspect relay issues, but have replaced one of the units that houses the relays and that one has the same faults.
Without restarting car or doing anything, they will start to open up with no problems once again. That's with absolutely no changes!! I just can't figure this one out.

Is that the right window reset procedure? I thought it was something like key on, windows down fully, windows up fully then holding 'up' for 5 secs or so, then key off. Not that I'd imagine this'd work in your case, but still...I know your pain. I'm having similar confusing issue with my rear wiper.