307 heater matrix O ring size

pontarriere

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Does anybody know the size of the two O rings that seal the inlet and outlet pipes for the heater matrix on a 2002 307? The genuine part is a bit pricey.

Any decent oring supplier will supply this, size unknown. Get viton.

You have the originals or the heater matrix itself go to a supply shop they will have good advice.

Does anybody know the size of the two O rings that seal the inlet and outlet pipes for the heater matrix on a 2002 307? The genuine part is a bit pricey.
2002 406 is OD 26 mm x 2.5 i.e. 21 mm ID. It's possibly standard for late 90s/early-mid 2000s models. You can buy this size in O ring packs from Supercheap.
PS, I share your pain!

Attachments

• IMG_3420 LR.jpg
    IMG_3420 LR.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3421 LR.jpg
    IMG_3421 LR.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 78
they are a square section ring.
almost impossible to get without the pipe from peugeot.
normal round section o-rings may not seal properly.
silicone might be needed with round section o-rings. let it dry before adding coolant

I couldn’t get the square section o-rings. I ending up installing R-16 o-rings (3/4” diameter x 1/8” section) on a 2006 307. They worked fine, and are still holding some 2 years later.

Are they square or 'X-ring' (aka quad ring) ? I certainly found the the coolant pipe back to the block on a '99 306 was an X-ring and the local O-ring supplier had plenty in stock in Viton at the time. Peugeot wanted some exhorbitant price for the pipe with the x-ring preinstalled so I just bought the x-ring separately.

Seemed to remember I got mine from https://amaando.com/ down at Silverwater. You can specify your material as well. Couple of bucks each.

Cheers

Justin

I have a 2006 Citroen C4 which I suspect has the same heater matrix. Many years ago I had the same leaking matrix issue. The local dealer wanting to sell the pipes with the O rings at what I thought was an exorbitant price. I took the old ones to a local O ring supplier, and while they didn't have a square section O ring, gave me two the same size for 50 cents each. I fitted them and ( I may be tempting fate here) it has never leaked since.

I don't recall the exact section, square or rectangular. There are some guys who can make rings to size, probably in squ section too but i don't have any details.
Would be nice if someone who knows could post details.
New pipe with rings were crazy price. So used suitable o-rings and a little silicone. Let it set before refilling the coolant - never leaked in the 5 years we had the car.

They're x-rings. Just buy them.

Cheers

Justin

At least 406 are definitely not x-rings. A replacement core came with Orings. The original rings seemed to have some partial squaring (not circular cross section) but then I realised it was simply due to the compression and heat of 20 years that they had formed the shape...
That's not to say x-rings might work OK.

Thanks Justin
Can you please post a source and contact details for them
Are they square or 'X-ring' (aka quad ring) ? I certainly found the the coolant pipe back to the block on a '99 306 was an X-ring and the local O-ring supplier had plenty in stock in Viton at the time. Peugeot wanted some exhorbitant price for the pipe with the x-ring preinstalled so I just bought the x-ring separately.

Seemed to remember I got mine from https://amaando.com/ down at Silverwater. You can specify your material as well. Couple of bucks each.

Cheers

Justin
Done !

Cheers

Justin