307 HDI time and date displays with aftermarket stereo

luthier

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Sorry if there are a million threads on this. I just never manage to find them in the search function.
Similarly I can't set time and date on the recently acquired 307 which I assumed was because the original head unit had a Menu function that has now been disconnected.
My facelifted model doesn't have the two sensible buttons either side of the display that allow all functions to be set and adjusted.
It relies first on a menu button on the stereo and then on use of the stalk on the steering column.
I've read a few statements to the effect that once the original sound system is removed there's no more consul displays. I'm just not sure though.
Apparently there might be some kind of interface and I'm wondering if my recently purchased Delphi diagnostic tool could be used for a reset?
Any info gratefully received.
Cheers.
Dan

Apparently If you remove the screen from the surround theres a button you can press with a pen buried in next the screen. I've never tried this buht have seen others try. If there isn't your only way to change time is to plug an original stereo in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using aussiefrogs mobile app

Depending on how the radio was removed ie if the can wires are open you can use the radio stalk you press the top and bottom buttons at the same time can be tricky and that will work as the menu button then use the stalk to navigate through the time set process. Ah daylight savings [emoji35]

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

OK I found the solution here.
Went to the wreckers and got a radio head unit from another hdi. Fitted that to the original plug that was still lingering about having had a number of wires piggybacked from below it to make the new stereo work.
With them both connected I could now set up the time and date displays. I wondered if they could both stay hooked up as there's room below the original spot for another unit. However I found that trying to play music or the radio had a very nasty scratchy kind of buzz to it, quite unacceptable. I also found both units were getting quite hot on the heatsinks, possibly hotter than they should.
So I disconnected the Peugeot radio unit and the time and date settings remained as I had set them. And the stereo now functions with great sound.
So I'll keep that head unit to reset things if the battery has to be disconnected for some reason . Very pleased.

I also found both units were getting quite hot on the heatsinks, possibly hotter than they should.
I noticed this when I installed an aftermarket unit in my 307 HDi also.
I'm going to give it another try again soon, but the difference this time will be running my own speaker connections.
My reason being is that I've had the aftermarket unit connected up to power but not the speakers and the units didn't get hot.

Might be worth trying that to see if it works for you.