307 HDI radio needs to be replaced. Anyone got one?

Steve Turner

Fellow Frogger
I'm just back from the auto electrician. Apart from fixing my alternator, I asked him to take a look at my radio, which screams interference at me on both bands. I thought that the aerial might have a loose connection, but unfortunately, not so.
He said the problem is in the radio itself and according to a mate of his he rang for advice, it can't be fixed. To make matters worse, Clarion (the manufacturer) has gone belly up.
Which leads me to wonder whether anyone out there in Pugland has a 307 they're wrecking and which has a working radio in it they'd like to move on. Please, no guessing that it worked once and might still work. If you're sure it works and want to sell it, please message me.
Thanks,
Steve

You will also need someone with Planet or PP2000 software to match the radio to the BSI otherwise you will get a constant beeping as part of the security system.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Get a blue tooth kit from eBay with the genuine rd45 radio and a display

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Thanks for the information. I have been warned that getting the radio going might mean that the on-screen display won't work. Staaaf me! I think I'll just go back to driving my 4CV.

Yep they can precode to your vin

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Thanks. Looks like the answer I needed. I wasn't aware of the need to precode it. Thank goodness for these forums and the input people such as yourself give to them. Much appreciated.

I've just bought on Ebay the two items I need, so at this point I don't need any further help. Thanks again.

Please tell how this ended up, very interested and agree, the brains trust is just that, the brains!

Please tell how this ended up, very interested and agree, the brains trust is just that, the brains!

Thanks for all the help, which was invaluable. I picked up a second hand (but later model) radio and heads up display from the one Ebay dealer, who then requested my VIN. Once he had that, he got the blue tooth components of each to shake hands, and shipped to me. They work like a charm. Very pleased.

Very nice, which ebay person please? The one above and that LCD fits in a 307, it looks like a 407 display but they are most likely the same form factor,

Very nice, which ebay person please? The one above and that LCD fits in a 307, it looks like a 407 display but they are most likely the same form factor,

The Ebay seller is aa.cars2012 They are in Box Hill, Victoria. I found them to be very helpful, and I got my items the next day. Highly recommended.

OK will copy you then, I have seen them over the years but not done anything with them.

Better question how did you fit the display, my radio is fine but an MP3 unit would be good too! Allowing Ipod bluetooth etc very nice.

NO issue but does the display fit in the 307? Interested as its a 407 unit by the looks and I have one of them too!

Yes it’s exactly the same unit you just need to configure ac etc

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE