307 HDi - goes into power save mode when car is on

melon

Fellow Frogger
Hi guys,

Friend bought his 307 2006 HDi (2L TD) to me for help with checking why it will switch off all it's electronic (ac, windows, cd player) after a few minutes of running the engine.

Had a look at it; after around 3 minutes it will beep with battery charge or electrical supply faulty

Checked the battery voltage (around 12.6v without alternator) with car on it's around 14.35-14.4. seems okay to me.

Scanned with diagbox, few errors relating to power/ can issue. Mainly these error codes

BSi error codes
F567 - service battery voltage fault
F000 - fault engine wiring housing - ecu mute on the can
BSM error code
F000 - engine fuse box not communicating on the can fault.

From there, I tried to swap out the BSM (engine bay fuse box) have read that these can fail and cause issues. Had a spare lying around. Also, checked all fuses in the BSM and BSi.

Went into the BSi and checked if VIN was still coded and the config menu to see if anything was absent. High frequency receiver and battery monitoring or battery something was made present. (Not sure if that's default or not)

Earth's have been checked and another added just in case (his mech added a separate earth)

My next thing would be to check if the alternator is receiving the 12v from the BSi through the small connector. Reading a few posts it seems if the voltage regulator is screwed the BSi doesn't detect it's charging properly.

How else would you check if the BSi is receiving the signal from the alternator? Is it those two pins on the reg? Or on the BSM somewhere?

Also any other pointers or tips. None of what we tried had worked so far. Will update after testing the voltage at the alternator reg

Cheers!