307 HDI faults DF122, DF031, DF001. Help!

luthier

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Today the car missed a beat, the turbo cut off for a few K's , the engine light came on, then it seemed to return to normal.
When the boy arrived home with it tonight I plugged in the Delphi and read these codes,

DF122 Thermoplunger No 3 relay circuit, Short to +12V Intermittent

DF031 PAS assembly relay control circuit, Short to +12V Intermittent

DF001 Computer injector calibration data, intermittent

I tried to clear these codes but they remain. The car is going OK at the moment.

Are we headed for a breakdown?

Any clues where to look?

Thanks.

Is that a RHR motor ?

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

9HZ, if it's the one he got in March.

9HZ, if it's the one he got in March.

Cheers don’t want to go trolling back to find that info

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Well after a $hitload of mucking about I firstly discovered that I wasn't connected when I read the above codes and therefore they had nothing to do with anything.
I thank David Cole and David Curtayne for this info which then caused me to have severe computer problems trying to hook up.
long story short I managed it and the Delphi delivered the following codes which make much more Peugeot sense.
P0100, P1462 and P0234.
David Curtayne says it's likely or possible that it has a blocked vacuum vent which seems pretty logical.
However I haven't got the faintest idea where to start looking for such a vent.
Any clues people?
Is there a PCV valve that needs looking at?

Last edited:
The turbo control valve is at the rear of the motor it will have a 3 pipes 1 vac supply 2 what it controls ie turbo and 3 a vent that lets the vacuum escape when control is retarded if you can imagine if it was all sealed and the vacuum solenoid closed the system will hold vacuum and not release the actuator this can cause the turbo to overboost because variable vein turbos use the veins as a sort of wastegate. But you also have a egr fault that can also cause turbo problems but not normally overboost. I think it’s a chicken or the egg scenario

Yuk! Sounds promising, not!.
I couldn't even begin to imagine how to fix that.
Guess it'll have to wait till next week when it's booked in at Coles. I know when I've reached the edge of my capabilities.

Well I thought a bit more about it and asked the oracle a cupla questions. I typed in 'Turbo Control Valve Peugeot 307 HDI' which revealed a great little tutorial on removal, and cleaning of the little foam filter, not rocket science and apart from the awkward spot not that difficult.
Also asked google 'EGR valve Peugeot HDI' and got one tutorial on removal and a second on dismantling and cleaning.
So I have the info , just need to go and do it.
Thankyou David Curtayne.

Job's done. I followed this tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suxm53PTqBU

One thing I found was mine had a very fine gauze filter ring inside the red rubber diaphragm, which that guy didn't mention.
First I tested the resistance which was about 16 ohm so I went ahead and bodged the crimped ring off. That was indeed the hardest part.
Inside I found quite a lot of black soot which I blew out, then reassembled.
Started up and ran fine and showed no fault with the diag tool.
So I'll leave the EGR for another day.
Thankfully the job was a lot easier than I had imagined. I accessed the TCV from under the car and it was a tad fiddly but because the TCV has slotted mounts I found the top nut could be left on the stud though wound out most of the way. That would have been a problem to refit if taken right off.
So we'll see what a week of commuting brings.
Cheers.

You can give a man a fish or teach him how to fish .

I've now got a couple of those beasties to play with (307s with 1.6L HDi). I haven't done much fiddling, but initial observations are that despite motor being shoved under the scuttle/dashboard, there does seem to have been some design work gone into them. Things like tubing to and from the intercooler are very neat and easily accessed, and I have also found a component which used the slotted mount approach. Pollen filter was not where I expected it to be, but access was perfectly satisfactory!

Earlier PSA models (like my PRV-engined 605) would have benefitted from more thoughtful design work before they actually started to build it - bits and pieces (like power steering pump, aircon compressor) appear to be somewhat randomly festooned around the large but crowded engine bay.

Cheers

Alec