307 HDI Broken down again

luthier

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
This time it refused to start and threw 6 EGR faults and one P0193 Fuel Pressure Signal fault, intermittent.
After clearing the faults it started briefly but stalled again and then showed P0193 Permanent.
Can anyone tell me where to find that sensor please?
I read that it should be on the rail but where's the rail on the HDI anyway?
I'm suspecting it will be down over the back of the engine somewhere where I can't see it and access from underneath?
Help please, the car is stranded , but in a safe park.

Is it a 2.0 l or a 1.6 l?
I don't know about the 1.6, but on the 2.0 the fuel rail is at the front of the engine. Just follow the high pressure fuel lines from the injectors on top of the engine and you will find the fuel rail.

Thanks mate, but it's the 1.6 and I eventually found it with a bit of help from DMCurtayne. It's down below the fuel filter and accessible after removing the battery and battery tray but unless you knew where to look and got a mirror or stuck your head down against the gearbox you'd never see it in there. Once you track the fuel lines down across the back of the engine you get the idea where the rail must be.
Then you can't remove it unless you have a large set of very deep sockets. I've ordered one which I will then take to the tool shop and find a socket that will work, about 30mm I think. After fitting that I still don't know if it will be the problem as it could also be the fuel pressure regulator which is in the back of the pump on the back of the motor and even harder to get at, strictly from below so a jack up on stands and a grovel underneath and another wait for another part.
I don't love these cars anymore.

I fitted the Fuel Pressure Sensor today but she no go. I have ordered a secondhand Fuel Pressure Regulator and hope this will work. Not happy John.

Fuel pressure regulator now fitted. Still no go.
Does anyone know about this job?
Do you have to bleed the fuel after removal and fitting of either sensor or reg?
Should fuel come out when you remove either? I would have thought so.
How can I test that fuel pressure is happening properly?
If I take the return hose off and crank the engine plenty of fuel spurts out. Will that prove it's pumping right?
Help!

Use diag box to see what fuel pressure is on crank

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Fixed. The pressure sensor I got after market was the problem. It's a Goss. Don't buy one for an early 307 HDI. They say they are correct, but, BULLSHIT! As soon as I fitted the genuine one it started right up and goes great. Learned that lesson before and now once again. That's the definition of an abject fool: One who tries the same thing twice excepting a different result next time.
Thanks David Curtayne for pointing me in the direction of the location of the pressure sensor.
Cheers, car is alive again, it's been a bloody long haul.