307 Hatch Camp Conversion

Baz_Marty

Tadpole
Hey everyone, I wanted to check out if anyone had any tips or tricks on how to convert the tiny hatch into a car to sleep in for a quick camp trip or during a road trip, I have had troubles putting my back seats down in my 2003 307 as they won’t fold the whole way and wondering if this is normal or I’m missing something. Tips don’t need to be extremely comfortable but I would like to have the choice of sleeping in my car when out camping with my mates. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Lift the base up first

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

1. Take off the rear seat head rests and place in the rear passenger footwells.
2. Lift up the front of the rear seats and pull forward. They drop in the footwells.
3. Drop the rear seat backrests forward.

And you end up with an almost flat base. Perfect if you are no taller than 160cm. :confused:

I have slept in a sleeping bag in this configuration in my 307. I'd only do it again if I was desperate.

Thanks guys, amazing how you think you know everything about your car and keep finding new things, gave it at a quick shot and while definitely not comfortable for my 190cm height definitely works if I ever need it, thanks everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs