307 engine splash shield

tonch504

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,

I have just noticed that my daughter’s 307 has no splash shield under the engine. It’s a 2002 petrol XSe. There appears to be holds in the surrounding guards which could be used to fit the guard, but no guard.
My question is, where these 307 fitted with splash guards originally?

No only the diesels has them on early cars but the wheel arch trims are all the same

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

You can get a steel sump guard - fits either T5 or T6 307s. Original plastic ones fell to bits quickly.

I have 2 x 2007 Hdi 307s and I purchased steel guards for both.

Have a close look at my avatar - that's the part as shown in the Peugeot service box.
It comes with all necessary bolts and fittings.
Nether fitted perfectly at first.
I had to cut off the rear brackets at the sides and weld them back on in the correct positions!

Cheers
Roland

sumpPlate.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks very much, guys.
I don’t think I need an aluminium guard. But I’m wondering if a plastic one, from a 307 diesel, may be a good investment.

The genuine one from Peugeot is actually steel and quite heavy.

Finding a good second hand plastic one will near impossible as they all seem to crack up.

It would be interesting to compare the price of a new plastic one compared to the price of the genuine steel plate.

Cheers
Roland

When our plastic one started to break up, it looked as if we were dragging a dead chook around under our car!

I seem to recall the plastic guards had an insulating/sound deadening layer above the hard plastic outer (lower) shell - it was this that gave the appearance of feathers as it was disintegrating.

Cheers

Alec

Don't know what you do to your plastic covers, but my 2004 307 is happily going around with its plastic cover in one piece. They are not that bad surely?

Checked the price of the steel plate today.

Around $450 Ex-France

Cheers
Roland