307 driver seat issues

paulsmithx

Tadpole
I have a 307 touring, 2006 model. Has anyone experience with the drivers seat lower part kind of collapsing.

It started with a feeling that a bolt was loose, ie rocking backward, and now I can only adjust the seat back and forth with great difficulty. The height adjuster no longer seems to work either.

So, can it be repaired and if not which models are compatible to assist in my search for a replacement?

Many thanks

I have a 307 touring, 2006 model. Has anyone experience with the drivers seat lower part kind of collapsing.

It started with a feeling that a bolt was loose, ie rocking backward, and now I can only adjust the seat back and forth with great difficulty. The height adjuster no longer seems to work either.

So, can it be repaired and if not which models are compatible to assist in my search for a replacement?

Many thanks
I had the symptoms you describe on a 306, I had to take the seat out (4 x Torx T40 bolts) to find a smaller countersunk torx bolt holding the lower frame to the rails had come loose and was jamming when I tried adjusting the seat.

I had the symptoms you describe on a 306, I had to take the seat out (4 x Torx T40 bolts) to find a smaller countersunk torx bolt holding the lower frame to the rails had come loose and was jamming when I tried adjusting the seat.
Thanks AlexB hopefully it’s that simple.

Hélas non!

Problem is that the height adjuster has a pin through a bearing and the pin goes through the seat frame. At some point the pin has worked it’s way out of the frame completely destroying the end of the, apparently rather soft pin.

The jamming problem is that the seat is about 5cm lower than it should be so jams on the rails.

Looks like either a drill out the bearing and bolt the adjuster to the frame sacrificing height adjustment, or replace the seat completely.

Has anyone ideas on seat compatibility between models?