307 2003 air bag light fault

gecko

Tadpole

Am in the process of removing the airbag and steering wheel, and am looking to replace the comms unit. There's a label on there with this number: 96530935XT

Anyone know which comms unit I need and where to source in (northern suburbs) Melbourne?

just checking, is the earth wire connected behind the airbag steering wheel centre? or are the wires damaged? Are you sure the steering wheel airbag is the issue and not one of the others, seats etc? any other issues with the comm2000 unit.

Cheapest way is go to a pick a part style wreaker and find another from similar year. basically if you have all the options on your Comm200, i.e. cruise control, stereo controls, central locking rear window wiper you need to find a car with same options and same manufacturer, if you have Valeo find another Valeo, if Delphi another Delphi. Check early C4 C5 Xsara and early 206 307 406 407
the following should be suitable if yours doses not have all the features the extras wont work, i.e if you dont have a rear window wiper the function will not be connected, same with cruise control it wont work if you use a unit with more features.
624276 6242.76 6242 76

6239V7 6239.V7 6239 V7

6239L5 6239.L5 6239 L5

6242F9 6242.F9 6242 F9

hope this helps?

Mechanic said it was the clock springs. Car does have rear wiper, not sure about cruise control, I think so but will double check.

I'll remove the comms tomorrow to see what type. Airbag and steering wheel is off.

I went down this road, but tested the clockspring working correctly. I think one of the 2 bag actuators was faulty.
Lost interest until it came to rego time and they knocked me back for it - so I popped a resistor (can't recall the correct value) into the harness to fool the computer and left it like that.

Well aware that i'll be eating the steering wheel in the event of a front end collision (not to mention have a possible under dash fire from a burnt resistor) but I accept the risk... 🤷‍♂️