306XSi parts useful on a 205?

Warus

Fellow Frogger
The black slug has nearly reached the end of it's usefulness and not worth the investment in getting it past rego in October. Are there any parts that can be used on the 205 such as power steering, hubs etc?

It sprung a big coolant leak yesterday from somewhere behind the motor I can't see and used about 1.5 litres shuffling the 7kms home. Lucky it's always freezing here and it would probably run with no coolant at all lol. Added with the dead heater control panel, clear coat fade, exhaust down pipe leak, brakes getting near the end and the slow oil leak I think it's time to retire it to the wreckers unless I can fix the leak with duct tape and JB weld. Her mission was to see how long I could get out of a $1000 car with no investment and it made a solid 2 years.

The front and rear brakes. (You will need the rear hubs also I think and the solid lines that run from the beam tube, foggy memory)
Cur down the Arb for the 205

Cant think of anything else. If the buffers on the top engine mount are good they can be a good fix for tired 205 ones.

Good cars, an ounce of maintenance might have kept it running for a lot longer!

What connects to your stereo behind it please?

A lot of cut and re-connected wires to a cheapo aftermarket unit that was in it when I got it.

I have fixed the coolant leak which was the stupid plastic connector of the heater hoses at the firewall which had cracked completely open on both hoses by bypassing the heater for now.

Now I have found that the steam has caused the white plastic joiner on the fuel hose to start spraying fuel around the engine bay when the pump is on. Is it's sole function to reduce the fuel line down from 10mm to 8mm? Can I buy a generic version from somewhere like super cheap for now? What's with all the crappy plastic connectors Mr Peugeot?

The fuel looks like it's washing down the gunk on the outside of the block so it's not an oil leak from what I could tell from lying on top of the engine and feeling about down behind. If I can get this sorted then the slug will be resurrected for a whilst longer!

Now I have found that the steam has caused the white plastic joiner on the fuel hose to start spraying fuel around the engine bay when the pump is on. Is it's sole function to reduce the fuel line down from 10mm to 8mm? Can I buy a generic version from somewhere like super cheap for now?

I'd suggest your next trip in the car should be straight to Super cheap.

If you wait much longer you might not have a drivable car. :wink2:

That's why it's parked in the driveway and the wife dropped me to work :) Would rather not arrive to work in a great ball of fire.

Just out of interest, does your rear wiper work? Still having trouble finding a relay to fix mine. Last thing that doesn't work on my xsi!

You know, if you decide the slug is no longer worthy 😉