306 - ventilation fault?

sysiphus

Fellow Frogger
Heyas,

Another query about my 98 306xt... got in it this afternoon, fired it up, and the aircon/ventilation died immediately on ignition.

*sigh*

One hot drive home later, had a quick squiz at the appropriate fuse (fuse 21, 30amp) and sure enough it was blown. Popped in a spare, clicked the ignition over... and pop, there goes that fuse too, straight away.

So.. any suggestions as to what could be causing this? Could it be something as simple as a bit of water in the system somewhere (it did rain today)...?

Thanks.

Well, in case anyone cares, it turns out the climate control computer blew.
And in doing so, melted a bunch of wiring.

Hooray! ;)

So now I get to wait while the auto-leccy man hunts down a plug and a bunch of wiring for the replacement computer.....

jfn306 said:
how much is that going to set you back :question: :question: :question: :2cents:

Not entirely certain at this point.. all I've been told so far is that the wiring harness is $175+GST (+ labour, of course). Then there's the replacement climate control computer on top of that....

Fortunately, I think all of this is covered by the statutary warranty... god bless the QLD government...... (and you won't hear me saying THAT very often ;))