306 spluttering in Brisbane heat

alittlewino

Fellow Frogger
stinking hot 37deg day and daughter tells me there were a few moments where pressing the go pedal didn't really do much

18months ago replaced the fuel pump and has a new fuel filter so don't expect it's lack of fuel
daughter said the hesitation felt like no fuel

was thinking ignition/coil-pack (2001 model and 150,000K on original coil pack) playing up in the heat?
a couple of episodes but now driving normally

in winter on very few occasions it's spluttered after starting from cold, not in summer though

any body else experienced this or have any ideas?

Could also be Oxygen sensor as well, mine did the same sort of issues and I suspected fuel pump too. Check both its highly likely to be one or possibly both.

Could also be Oxygen sensor as well, mine did the same sort of issues and I suspected fuel pump too. Check both its highly likely to be one or possibly both.

both replaced in the last 1-2 years - O2 sensor made a huge difference to driveablilty, responsiveness and fuel efficiency

thought of a vapour lock but not sure how that could occur

am leaning towards coil-pack but I guess an OBD would reveal any faults?

A new fuel pressure regulator sorted mine out. A very simple job to swap one over to check !
Possibly caused by lack of fuel filter changes by previous owner.

Alain

A new fuel pressure regulator sorted mine out. A very simple job to swap one over to check !
Possibly caused by lack of fuel filter changes by previous owner.

Alain

thanks Alain, hadn't thought of that - ours is a 2.0 petrol, was yours petrol or diesel?