306 Spark Plug Advice

Arthur

Fellow Frogger
Any spark plug experts out there? I'm totally confused about which Eyquem plugs to use for my 1997 306 1.8L 8v (XU7JP).
I bought some plugs from Dapco and was given RFC42LZ2E. When I got home, I checked the service record book and Peugeot listed RFC52LS. I looked on the Eyquem website <a href="http://www.sagem-online.com" target="_blank">eyquem</a> and they list RFN52LZ. I then called a Peugeot dealer and was told that the 2L 16v, 1.8L 16v & 1.8L 8v all use the same plug - RFN58LZ.
Can anyone help me out?

Arthur,

Those numbers in the different sparkplugs are the heat ranges.

My suggestion is don't both with eyquem. Get Beru multi electrode plugs - they are multi-heat range as well which solves the problem. They are also a French plug.

Get the Beru Ultra-X UXF79 plugs from Auto France (9439 8145) in Artarmon. You can also buy them at Colliers (Granville).

Every Pug mechanic I've ever spoken to has recommended them, and I can't fault them. They're about $15 each, but you drive until the engine begins to miss. I hear to expect 100 000km...

Derek.

DeKa:
My suggestion is don't both with eyquem. Get Beru multi electrode plugs - they are multi-heat range as well which solves the problem. They are also a French plug.
Nein, Beru is a Deutsch firm :)
Unless the plugs are made in France.

How do the Eyquem plugs compare to Bosch; both are listed in the service manual for my 1.6. Whilst the car is under warranty, the dealer puts in whatever Peugeot specifies. All I know is after the last service with the new plugs, the fuel consumption dropped a little. Granted there was fresh oil in the engine too.

Can you guys recommend a good high performance plug for a GTi6?

I know NGK Igidium are good for Jap Turbo and ive got them in my GTO but will they fit in a 306?

Pug307:
[QBNein, Beru is a Deutsch firm )
Unless the plugs are made in France.
[/QB]
PUG307,

I've got one of the boxes sitting right here on my desk - which is why I can always chime in with the model number wink They are indeed made in France.

Derek

resurrecting an old thread - have a 306 Rallye 2.0 16V 97kW - plugs last changed 2009 !!
can anybody recommend best spark plugs?

Which motor code number is that? My French manual for the 306 lists--
Moteur XU10J4
BOUGIES
Bosch ............FR8LDC
Eyquem ...........RFC42LS2E

Moteur XU10J4R
Bosch ............FR6LDC
Eyquem ...........RFC58LZ2E

Écartement des électrodes (mm) 0,9

FR8LDC is the correct heat range for the J4R. FR6 would be too cold for a standard GTI6.

J4R
Bosch FR8LDC or LDC+
NGK BKR5EK

J4RS
Bosch FR7LDC or LDC+
NGK BKR6EK

Can't comment on Eyquem

FR8LDC is the correct heat range for the J4R. FR6 would be too cold for a standard GTI6.

J4R
Bosch FR8LDC or LDC+
NGK BKR5EK

NGK part finder tells me BKR6E.

Also, Bosch FR8LDC is different to the FR6LDC stated in the post above.

I'm confused....

BKR6E is single prong. EK is dual prong. 6E or 6EK work fine in J4R as do the corresponding 7LDC but the warmer plugs recommended above work better on cold starts. The info I have from Boyce's Manual states what I've written in the previous post.

Before @seasink asks for motor codes, here’s a photo of the original manufacturer’s label still attached to my XSi:

CE3D2BF4-4C88-4EEB-933D-D7E1D8CC6883.jpeg

The above label specified Bosch and Eyquem spark plugs appear to not be locally available.
Before I hit the “Buy now” button for a set of NGK BKR5EK plugs would anyone care to suggest an appropriately sized better lasting/reliable plug at an equivalent heat rating?

I notice the current plugs installed in 2013 😱 by a Peugeot mechanic are a set of slightly cooler Eyquem RFC58LZ2. Is there any reason to run a cooler plug other than that was the stock on hand at the time of service?

Just go to Repco and ask what is recommended for this engine, I got dual electrode NGK last weekend, made a huge difference with the new coil pack. No more missing. With RACQ they were $14 each

Just noticed this post and thought I'd share this experience. About 2 years ago I got my 306 serviced at Cox Auto. They suggested the spark plugs needed replacing and I said to go ahead with it. When I got home after paying for the service I saw they charged $288.00 for Long Life Spark Plug Replacement! I now get the car serviced at Virage motors, those guys are great.

Lol, Auto France hasn't been at Artarmon for a while. After a while, it clicked! A 20 year old post.