306 rear beam. Second hand replacement or rebuild?

Its not hard, get one axle stub arm pressed out of your old or new arms, use it to dislocate / push in old inner bearings, arb to mash them up and pull though the beam to clean bits. Puller to remove outers them use stub to refit inners and press in outers. That is tube done. Repack bearings with good grease.

Refit all parts in garage, jack up car on stands and refit with trolley jack to list assembly.

So simple! Wink, nudge...
It actually sounds similar to press fit bearings on my push bikes.

I agree with Graham and Robert. Even though I usually don't. If you have the tools to remove and replace the bearings, it's an easy job.

Physiologically or psychologically? Ebay is the place, fairly cheap from UK or Europe.

Just got the car back from the workshop with a freshly rebuilt rear beam... what a difference! Quiet, smooth and not squeak or groan from the rear end. So much better. The stub axles they pulled out looked like chewed up baguettes. Quite shocking how much the needle bearings and other parts had chewed into the axles, must have been like that for a while.

So now I have a beam that'll outlast the car I think!

Are the bearing sizes the same for all 306?
Presume people mark the shaft location with a punch?

I didn't figure out where you would put the grease nipples but yes as someone said , a hell of a lot of grease has got to go in to do anything.