306 identification

Captain Slow

Fellow Frogger
Hello,

I've done a lot of reading but can't seem to find any helpful information.

I'm looking at buying a 306 parts car but I can't determine what trim level it is. Can someone please point out what I need to look for. I checked all the Id plates i could find and the car has no badges.

I know it is a 99 model and has power windows, sunroof, 266mm front brakes and is a 5 speed manual.

I also have a photo of the vin and engine number if that helps.

Thanks
Ben

Ok looks like the engine is a xu10j4r so it's not a gti-6 unfortunately.

Part of the reasoning behind the purchase is if the engine would be a good candidate to swap into my 205. I already have an mi16 here though for the purpose but I thought the 306 engine might be a better prospect. But now am i right in assuming the mi16 engine has more power?

Ben

Slightly less hp but more torque than an XU9J4Z. Have a drive of Robert Riggs before you pass judgement. Additionally, the XU10J4R will drop straight in. Whereas the RS will need a wedge (or similar mod) to enable the exhaust to clear the tunnel. Done correctly, the XU9J4(Z) is the best however.

Thanks for that, very helpful as always.

I think I'll stick with the mi16 conversion plan and just grab the front and rear brakes/trailing arms from the 306 to replace my sticking 205 caliper.

Ben