306 Hdi

dmccurtayne

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
IMG_1566700776.803979.jpg
This car has been absolutely legendary I purchased it in July 2016 for $50 at work because the original owner traded (up?) to a T9 308. Sales wouldn’t pay any real money it had two days rego and the ac had no gas (she didn’t use the ac at all in 16 years) also the remote didn’t work and needed a RHF guard.
I put a aftermarket remote system on it that looks like a 206 key got a silver guard and regassed the ac being in the trade cost less then $100 put six months rego on it and got third party property insurance my oldest was about to get his p plates so perfect car.
Also threw a second hand Sony Bluetooth radio out of a trade in in it.
This thing has cost absolutely nothing until this week when we had to put two front tyres on it ( due to two punctures and then driving home flat) apart from oil changes ever year my oldest who is a photographer and has no mechanical sympathy drives it like most 19 year olds do hard from dead cold with the fuel light on , checking nothing and touch parking.
I know I’ve probably condemned the car to death now but over three years (and unfortunately the 308 the lady purchased has been on a truck more than once for the hot weather misfire and coil problems the 1.2s get) this thing has been faultless at 250k original clutch and running around 5-6 l per 100k , the only thing that worries me going forward is that he won’t know the reality of car ownership should get him a VW from the late 00’s

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

So is it going to be someone's new / third hand car?

Update the 306 hdi has now been sold 400 bucks son had got a mazda 3 blah and now is complaining about the high fuel usage and weird feeling clutch and brake pedal. Kids never learn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-131527_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-131527_Gallery.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 77
So why sell?

I'm about to sell my '00 XSi with 275,000 Kay's and zero issues up for sale. It actually makes me really sad to think of selling the car. Unfortunately the safety compared to a newer car can't be argued. And my kids safety trumps nostalgia. My 308 is good, but it's no 306 that's for sure.

I maintain that the 306 in any iteration is one of the greatest cars ever made.

It was his call but now he is regretting it he put 90k on it and only ever put tyres on it and oil and filter changes because dad had that on hand not even a fuel filter. Son number two has a hilux at least number 3 is starting with a 407.
And agree 306 s are a great car .

Those late n5 hdi's were a nice cars, easy to work on unless you had to do a heater core. They all seemed to be silver too. I haven't seen a 306 on the road in years, Peugeot is a dead brand is australia now.

I see Peugeots around here every day. Mostly newer models. There are also a couple of Cits, besides mine, within two hundred metres.