306 drivers side rear light bulbs holder

lowpugV2

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Just as I had everything working, including air conditioning (woo!) The rear light cluster has gone kaput. Noticed water in there, opened up and corrosion everywhere. Have dried out, electrical cleaner in and fresh bulbs and no Bueno. Still a fast blinking indicator on the dash but no light in the cluster.

Is there an easy fix for this or is it time to search out a replacement part?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, no indicator equals fast flash. Replace them, if you need parts go to wreckers there are many of them out there. Going to waste normally.

You can try sanding down all the pins globe holders and fitting a second earth to it did you take the whole taillights out normally they fill up with crap between the light and the boot seal and overflow into the light

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 505 GR xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Cool, sounds like a parts hunt as I have done most of the suggestions.

Matthew, the car is a 2001 xsi. I suspect the actual bulb holder board would be same for all n5 306's. Where abouts are you again?

Actually, you wouldn't have the rear wiper relay too?

Brisbane and yes I have the later lights in vgc down in the shed in a box, running 2000 and 2002 306.

Thanks Matt, I'll be in touch if the local wreckers can't come up with anything. Such an annoying little fault!

If Matthew can't help, I have a wiper relay - they're a bit hard to come by as they fill with water and stop working...

no wiper relay here, sedan and convertible.

Can't be that hard to fix surely, its just a relay.

Ah, can do that too thankfully, send me the original? A monostable one shot!