306 + Citroen C5 "steelies" bolt torque

lowpugV2

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
As the title suggests, what torque setting to use for the wheel bolts (with conical washer) on the C5 steelies?

For the C5 donor, the factory quotes 90 for steel and 100 for aluminium rims. It varies by model and some require up to 160, but most passenger models are shown as 100 for aluminium rims.

Was just advising that the factory did not specify 80, but these wheels are being used in an application that was not envisaged. Whatever works for you.. They did change the bolts between 17 and 19mm heads, but that didn't change the torque setting.

Yeah I'm not sure if be comfortable putting 100Nm into these. I test fit one today just to make sure brake clearance was fine and annoyingly my torque wrench had a 19mm socket in it, or whatever I used for the cyclones and the bolts for the steelies must be the 17mm. Off to Supercheap tomorrow...

So maybe having a change of mind if I want the C5 wheels on the 306. I know it's silly but the black "steelies" don't really suit my dark blue car. Is there any demand for the C5 wheels? They have the tapered seat so are the updated version.

I have actually decided on keeping them, just took a day or two to get used to the different look. As for driving, it's amazing how much difference it makes. My slightly tired suspension is thanking me. A picture, for reference:
306_XSi_steelies.jpg

I should also give a shout to Bridgestone in Artarmon who fitted the wheels and tyres. I asked if they would torque to 80Nm and they did. Checked them once I got home and they were bang on. Plus all the pressures were set to 38psi per corner. 2 psi higher than I would normally run but at least they were consistent.