306 Cabrio 1999 - Light failures

trevorburdon

Tadpole
In the last couple of days I've been replacing my failed lights.
- Front park, or side, in the manuals - tick DONE.
- Rear right cluster, replaced 21/5W Brake/Side Twin and 5W Side, and put in a new 10A Fuse 4 in a 30 Fuse box.

However, I still don't have any Brake or Side lights. I am wondering if this 5x4cm piece of metal, that fell out has anything to do with it. I'm guessing yes.
IMG_3736.jpg
IMG_3737.jpg
IMG_1744.jpg

Is it meant to fit at the base of the bayonet mount at 1 perhaps to compete a circuit betwee the twin prongs and the terminals at the bottom of the bulb? Or is it just some kind of light baffle? Of course I can look at the left cluster I suppose.
Also checking my manuals I can't see which fuse protects the brake light circuit - is it bundled with something else?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Ok I've worked out the problem, and it has nothing to do with that flat piece of loose metal.

The Brake/Side bulb holder at 1 is pivoting around its top fixing to the circuit board, compromising good contact between the two prongs coming in from the left and the two contacts on the bottom of the bulb.

Aaargh! I think I caused the damge trying to get the bulb-holding board out. Damn!