2CV6 Gases

Renburg

Fellow Frogger
What is the best method to pressurise the cabin so that carbon monoxide does not enter , Thanks

What is the best method to pressurise the cabin so that carbon monoxide does not enter , Thanks
First make sure no exhaust leaks. Second make sure your heat exchangers for the heater don’t have an internal exhaust leak. If those two things are right all should be good. You might also check the boot seals

Thanks

I was thinking more of the setting of the windows and the forward facing air vent ,

configuration,,,,

to pressurise the cabin whilst on the move

Thanks

I was thinking more of the setting of the windows and the forward facing air vent ,

configuration,,,,

to pressurise the cabin whilst on the move
top vent open, everything else closed, heater off.
Of course, if fumes are being released toward the middle/top of the engine bay this will be less than effective. So you might need to find and fix the root causes.

If the exhaust and heat exchangers arnt leaking. I suggest you look at where the cylinder heads join the barrels. Also, where the manifold bolts onto the cylinder heads. Any exhaust noise should be a starting point.

PeterMol is spot on.
All exhaust gases go out at the end of the exhaust system being the tail pipe.
So, ensure no leaks whatsoever, including within the heater box.
John

Fit a lift up roof flap.
Its a 2cv .... :) They all have full length rollback roofs. The problem is they are air cooled, so you get any fumes from the engine bay, straight into the cabin. This is the reason I stopped driving my GS as soon as I met my wife years ago (it gave her bad asthma)