2CV Mechanics in the Northern Beaches area, NSW?

Sara Nimmo

Tadpole
Hi all,
I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable mechanic who knows 2CVs and can issue blue slips. I'm in the Northern Beaches area.
thanks!

Hi Sara,

I am sorry there is not much of a response from the NSW brigade - they must all be away this January. All I can suggest is to contact Jason Hantos at Pallas Motors in Hornsby. He may be able to help you or suggest someone who can.

Cheers, Ken W

Kookaburra Rd. Closer to the Gorge than to Hornsby Station. He fixes old Cits. 0407 281 269

I don't know of anyone near the Northern Beaches.

Places who issue blue slips are at https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?fuseaction=inspectionstation.form

The only dealer who knows these cars is Continental at Roselands (Punchbowl). They can issue a slip. They own one. Turn at Rawson St.

Last edited:
Continental Motors is certainly different now, from what it was when I was a kid living in Wiley Park & Roselands was a golf course.
Numerous Lt 15's, in various states of repair & disassembly all over the place, surrounding an old house & shop, is a memory I hold.

- Sara

Jason is mobile these days, and has moved on from Kookaburra Rd.

He'll come to you, and plenty here will recommend him. Give him a call.

there's a bunch of people around Avalon who have 2CV's. I've seen them congregating there! Even told one I had a DS and they became very dismissive and looked down their nose at me! That kind of defeats my suggestion you should hook up with them. And they are on the northern beaches so beware of a cough.

Of course one of the other benefits of being lucky enough to be here is that I can always indulge in a spot of 2CV drag boat racing when the fancy takes me!

Attachments

• 4fd4b956e1f54871e18d74979757b210.jpg
    4fd4b956e1f54871e18d74979757b210.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 96
Hi all,
I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable mechanic who knows 2CVs and can issue blue slips. I'm in the Northern Beaches area.
thanks!
I have always received favourable outcomes when blue sliping my interstate cars at a place in mona-vale called........

KJ Motors
3 By The Sea Rd, Mona Vale NSW 2103

ph: (02) 9999 2968

I've put a range of cars through the shop, and nothing is ever a problem, assuming the car has the basics like working lights and tyres which hold air. They don't go around looking for silly stuff to fail the can on.
It has been a few years since I've been there, so I hope they have not retired as they are not young smart asses who wouldn't know a distributer from a carby.
Some might say they are old guys, but then again, some 2cv owners might think they were young.
MY experience with them is purely as blue slip guys, and I am not endorsing them as mechanics as I have never had my car repaired by them.

Jo