image001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,696
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,220
All praise to the driver for keeping a level head and not writing off his car too. :eek:

YUK what a mess....bet it'd turn you off chicken soup or chicken rissoles for a while
Lucky it's a leather interior, and not cloth based so it's just wipe off.
Would have been like hitting a feather pillow :roflmao:

Try same on M/C

Many years ago (I must be getting old) We were riding at hi speed when a bird flew up and hit the clutch lever of the MotoGuzzi Lemans. The rider had it WFO in top gear and the force of the bird disengaged the clutch letting the engine peak rev whereapon the inconsiderate bird then released presure on the lever sending the Guzzi into a very high speed wobble due to the sudden mimatch of road and engine speed. The rider was quite shaken up!

Graelin

Wow!

Brings back memories if a time when I nearly wiped out my old GTS327 Monaro hitting a Magpie at just under 100MPH. (We're going back several decades now.) It did not come through the windscreen but the instinctive ducking (it hit right in front of me) caused me to swerve and I left skid marks for the next 100 yards while I wrestled her back under control.

How that Porsche driver managed not to wipe it out is beyond me!

wow that's insane.

Lucky he didn't lose control at that speed.

My father had a similar encounter with his 280SE Merc back in 1974 as he was driving through Romania on his way to Lebanon, back from a business trip to Germany. It was during winter as well, at sub zero temperatures, driving at 110+.

The windshield held up but the strike left a baseball sized hole in it; and he had to sticky tape a cloth on the hole until he reached Istanbul in Turkey where he had it replaced.

n b j said:
wow that's insane.

Lucky he didn't lose control at that speed.

The car was stationary, the bird was travelling at 250km/h :clown:

Cheers
Chris

We've got a CX here that had the drivers side R/V mirror taken out with an owl one night.
I wasn't in that (big mongrel feral dogs seem to be my forte') but he reckoned it went off like a bomb.
I almost had my head taken off one night in the Mazda Van when a bat came through the drivers side window and hit the headrest just as I bent forward to answer the two way, :eek: and I had a Lorakeet fly head on at about 60/70kph into me one day and that was a big bang also, so I can imagine the bang that thing made in the Porsche. I think the feathers hanging off the seat backs and on the dash really say it all; what a mess to clean up......YUK!! :mad: :mad:

Alan S