239 Whitehorse rd

dacia4x4

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
there is a Peugeot link to 239 Whitehorse Rd Balwyn, site of last pccv Bastille day gathering.from Feb 1982 to April 1985my wife and i ran a milk bar from that site, this was after my Renault Australia, pj Regan motors and Tanganyika automotive engineering employment. shortly after taking over we decided to fit an air conditioner to above a doorway on right rear corner of building, being about 3metres or more off the ground outside i decided i would have to rig up some sort of lifting rig.only solid support outside was cast iron sewerage pipe from top floor,a plan was hatched. Peugeot 504 rear suspension arm steel bands around said poo pipe block and tackle worked a treat despite objections from swmbo about said poo pipe possibly breaking and being left in the sh*t.i did say to her the suspension arm was over engineered so should all be good,which it was. As a side note that was the last place i saw a Mr enzo dozzi. he wandered in one afternoon and i was leaning on counter behind some stock, with a firm loud voice i said, get out of here we don't, serve your type here, well he did a bit of a double shuffle turn and was almost heading out when i popped my head up and politely said hello enzo.the response, you bastard Jimmy i didn't know what was going on. we had a good chat and off he went for a little visit to Regan motors, another mental backspace...... jim