22 fancy ’70s French coupés

hmm interesting the visual effects strived for by the various designers ! Some great, some a bit ordinary, some strange proportions, some just bloody odd. :rolleyes:
My pick for a simple effective good looking daily driver ;);
jaahn
14-Matra-Bagheera_matra.jpg

the Matra Bagheera was as innovative as it was different.
Its steel chassis was clothed in a pretty glassfibre body with de rigueur pop-up headlights. The engine was mid-mounted and there was three-abreast seating.
The engine was the least exciting bit of the Bagheera, the 1.3-litre motor lifted from the Simca 1100, but at least the S of 1975 gained a pokier 1.4-litre unit.
All Bagheeras were built with left-hand drive, but around 65 were converted to right-hand drive for the UK market.

Some of those cars aren't even coupes, some are just butt ugly and the 15 and 17 make an appearance in their ugliest form.

Not to mention they forgot Panhard (plenty of coupes), Citroen (plenty of coupes) and Simca Oceane (coupe and convertible). Probably many others I can't think of.

Okay, these may have been pre-70s but only just.

The R15 and R17 phase 2 made the list!
20-Renault-15_renault.jpg
21-Renault-17_renault.jpg

yea as schlitz said they picked the ugly version of these to show. I have never seen the fronts on these, what were Renault thinking for these revised models??? o_O :eek:
Jaahn

21-Renault-17_renault.jpg

yea as schlitz said they picked the ugly version of these to show. I have never seen the fronts on these, what were Renault thinking for these revised models??? o_O :eek:
Jaahn
Looks like the front of a P76 !

Force_7_Large.jpg

Cheers

Justin

lol...I was wondering if anyone was a nerdy as me and actually spot it / call it out ! ;)

Cheers

Justin