208gti seats in a 205gti

Matthew

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
About the only seat I would use in a 205 in lovely red and black leather, bolsters etc.

Would they fit?

Width is one issue but the base, I suppose money could be thrown at it but how practical?

I’d imagine you’d have to do some measuring. Was going to say I could measure Dad’s 208 GTi seats for you, but he’s in Melb with the car at the moment. They’d definitely be heavier, but you might be able to remove the airbags / use the 205 rails etc.

I fitted Porsche 911 seats to my last GTi. Fitted well, made a huge difference to the way the car felt. Driving position much improved (lower) also. Was cheaper than the quotes I had to recover the leather originals.

2be459a9b986465c92a812c55cbb9edf.jpg

Very nicely done and I do have my eyes on the 208 seats in terms of shape and colours, this is optional extra so time is on my side in this.

If you do remember it would be great!

I would leave the airbags alone, no wiring for them, yet?

I had 206 seats in my old 205 and the thigh bolsters were too big, with the gear lever hitting them in 5th and having the hold the knob like a claw. Those Porsche seats look superb and don’t have extreme bolsters like the 208.

Would be very interested in dimensions Silver

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs