208 GTi Peugeot Sport / Edition Definitive

RJC786

Tadpole
Greetings!

My name is Ryan from Sydney, I recently took delivery of a 2018 208 GTi “Edition Definitive” which is really just a unique spec of GTi Peugeot Sport.

My car is number 8 of 20 that were bought in as a final hurrah for the 3dr 208 GTi.

These cars are a bit similar to the 30th Anniversary editions they did a few years ago. More info here: https://www.peugeot.com.au/new-cars/208-gti/edition-definitive/

This is my first Peugeot and so far I’m thoroughly enjoying the car. The light weight and Torsen LSD make it extremely playful through the corners. Since this is my daily driver, being able to enjoy the time behind the wheel means my commute doesn’t feel entirely like time wasted.

Hopefully I’ll be able to make it out for a Sydney drive one day.

0f45252da26cd1125813a739eafb5c7c.jpg

8995fc3a6a0b5196f5a20824fd737913.jpg

Congrats Ryan. It's very nice.

AFAIK it's a "regular" version of the "GTi by Peugeot Sport" (although only in white) with a locally-chosen name — it's just that the previous importer never bothered to sell this particular model here, which is a shame.

Better late that never!

I'd certainly have bought one if I had been given the opportunity.

Congrats Ryan. It's very nice.

AFAIK it's a "regular" version of the "GTi by Peugeot Sport" (although only in white) with a locally-chosen name — it's just that the previous importer never bothered to sell this particular model here, which is a shame.

Better late that never!

I'd certainly have bought one if I had been given the opportunity.

I think the entire running gear etc is same as the Peugeot Sport grade overseas but this also has the Smart City Brake and Navigation standard which the overseas PSP apparently doesn’t - so I guess it’s really just an optioned PSP. I am quite glad it hasn’t been badged as anything else to be honest - there’s nothing on the car that says “Edition Definitive” which is a plus as I don’t like the name.

In any case, all those little mechanical changes have made quite a difference to the character of the car. I don’t know why they didn’t sell the PSP here years ago, it would have rated well in comparisons at the time.

I think the entire running gear etc is same as the Peugeot Sport grade overseas but this also has the Smart City Brake and Navigation standard which the overseas PSP apparently doesn’t - so I guess it’s really just an optioned PSP.
Sat Nav and Active City Brake were both optional on GTi and BPS models in the UK, sadly.