208 gti modifications

joncuevas

Tadpole
Hi guys,
I have a my15 208 gti that i want to slowly modify, nothing massive just some cheap small mods to give the car a bit more power.

I first want to look at lowering the car, anyone form sydney done this before, any info about where springs can be sourced and fitted would be appreciated.
I also want to look at an exhaust / air filters, again if this is something you have done please let me know your feedback.

Thanks guys.. here's a pick of the car, i went and sprayed the rims black and will do the rest of the chrome bits on the car this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG-4181.jpg
    IMG-4181.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 792
Nice mate. Depends if you're after springs, springs and shocks or coilovers with the lowering. I've always had good results with Eibach if you're just after the springs. Im sure they'd do a kit. H&R might be another one to check out.

Best of luck. Look forward to seeing some progress pics.

joncuevas,

There are quite a few 208Gti owners sites in the UK, google some up and read what they are doing, I doubt there are many people here on ausssiefrogs that have altered 208Gtis.

Good Luck.

PS I don't like your black wheels, though the original colour do look a bit "you know what". :)

Hi

I really like the 208 GTi, I'm sure you're really enjoying it.

If I get a 208 GTi I will put one of these on.
https://www.racechip.com/shop/peugeot/208-from-2012/1-6-thp-gti-1598ccm-208hp-153kw-275nm.html

I wish there was a RaceChip for my 206 GTi 180, simple and very effective (plug and play)

208 GTi
RaceChip, Bilstein B6's all round, Eibach Pro Sport springs up front, Quaife ATB LSD, 4H-Tech Short Shifter (45% Shortened gear throw) Brembo's, Cat Back Exhaust... Job done :)

With B6's all round and Eibach Pro Sport springs (lowers front by 25mm), my 180 handles a lot better than standard and so much more comfortable to drive. Brembo's (ex 406 coupe) going on soon, Quaife to follow.

Bilsteins purchased direct from Bilstein EU.
Eibachs purchased from Demon Tweeks UK.

Check out the 4H-Tech short shifter. I fitted one on the 180, it's great.
https://www.short-shifters.com/p-shift-short-shifter.html

Cheers
Have fun

Updated pictures 208 gti

Thank you all for the info, very helpful...im thinking first mods will be to get it lowered, will hopefully get it done soon and upload some pics...

I de-chromed some things over the weekend.. here are some pics of the car now...i just plasti-dipped it to see if i like it but will eventually sand back and spray them permanently.

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpg
    IMG_4196.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_4197.jpg
    IMG_4197.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4200.jpg
    IMG_4200.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4201.jpg
    IMG_4201.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 182
Personally, I like the black effect. Though I would have left the GTi Logo as was, just to break it up a little.