208 Allure Sport Coolant Change

Kaza1

Fellow Frogger
Howdy all

My son just picked up a lovely Pug 208 Allure Sport with the THP engine. Want to give it a service which includes oil and coolant change. Oil change is easy enough but not sure how I go about a coolant change.

Is there a drain plug for these? Also what’s the procedure with bleeding on refill? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Do not do it like this guy
A psa cars haven’t had heater taps in 40 years so turning the heater on will not do anything
B use the bleed screws on the thermostat and heater hose to bleed the new coolant when filling
C on all ep6 motors the correct way to bleed the system is to free rev the engine over 2500 rpm for at least 30 seconds this will activate the controlled thermostat to open and the clutched water pump to spin if you have one from memory all 208 turbos did
This guy probably didn’t do the follow up video of a cracked head removal on his rcz

Yep, that's video's awful. Heater tap, no mention of bleed screws. Really?

Here's a link to a DS3 procedure.

It's basically the same for all THPs but this one is the same motor as the Allure Sport.

Thanks folks for the info.

Did the coolant change and bleed system as per instructions,

Did notice that when you go driving and come back, the bottom hose is cold. Not overheating per se running at 105 or so on gauge which is fairly normal for these apparently?

If you sit idling for a while, the bottom hose does gets hot and eventually the fan kicks in. Gauge stays constant.

Given the cool ambient temp in Sydney as of late, is the thermostat staying shut to maintain engine temp (these THPs likely running hot supposedly?) so bottom hose cold?

All this normal?

Thx

I'd be more concerned with using the correct oil in the car than changing the coolant.
What year is the 208?

Forget about the PSA spec and use any oil approved by BMW LL.01
Better protection for your engine and negligible oil consumption ...

Total put out a list of the various manufacturer specs the products in their oil range satisfy (MB, VW, PSA, BMW, Kia, Porsche, Ford, etc).

Total Quartz 9000 satisfies BMW LL-01 and is an ACEA A5/B5 oil.

Currently PSA here is suggesting we use low ash ACEA C2 Quartz Ineo ECS (spec B71 2290) in these engines. This is the oil used in PSA diesels.

[edit] I looked up the manufacturers' standards satisfied by the Australian Penrite range, with the same specification result

Last edited: