SOLVED 207 turning over but no spark to plugs

Krammig

Tadpole
A very sudden condition from running fine and starting fine to this morning not starting.
Literally 10 minutes prior it was fine, then on trying to start it up again, it just turned over but there was seemingly no taking/catching of the engine.

RACQ chap tested a plug and said there is no spark and suggested it might be a crank shaft sensor ?

I did put an ODB onto the car but nothing is showing up.

I would appreciate if someone could list a few things for me to check please, for example perhaps a fuse and which one, a sensor and which one and how to test it, etc.
I have a multi-meter etc.

Thank in advance.
Mark

Thanks pugrambo will do.
Is there a straightforward way of me testing that sensor. I have a multimeter here.
It's a 1.6 petrol.
Cheers.

EP6 engine, naturally aspirated, coded 5FW in the VIN at the 6th letter.

You really should read an OBD code. Simple readers that read and reset codes and little else are cheap.

It is theoretically possible to check a Hall effect sensor with a multimeter. First check voltage on the power supply and return. That might be the problem. With the engine turning (starter motor) you should generate a small number of hundreds of millivolts average on the signal line. The signal is actually square wave on/off and frequency is the real signal, but that needs an oscilloscope. Once plugged in and with the engine turning the conductors are buried in the insulating plastic housing, so the probe can't touch them.

Yep just managed to read a code.
P0013

If it's the sensor I think it is I replaced this about a year ago, different problem though. More a running badly issue and a nondescript error code with the engine light on.

Is this the sensor it is likely to be with the P0013 ?

Just not sure what or where a "B Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid" Control Circuit is

Uploading in a minute or two.
Thanks

Last edited:
This is the one I replaced about a year ago

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_135305_1632714988846.jpg
    IMG_20210927_135305_1632714988846.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Or these?

Cheers

Just realised it can't be these as they are not Solenoids.

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_140339_1632715464895.jpg
    IMG_20210927_140339_1632715464895.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
It's an open circuit. In case it's historic, clear the code and see if it returns.

Update

I have removed the solenoid at radiator side of the engine. Looking at the car from the front, it is the one I photographed, front left.

I connected 12v to it and it activated Ok. Gave it a clean and replaced it. Still having the same issue.

Could there be a different solenoid I should be looking at that is the - "B Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid" ?

I understand that I have not tested the actual signal to that solenoid as to whether it is actually receiving one or not but will try that tomorrow.

Thanks

I'm back.

Daughter's wedding inbetween.

I ended up towing the car to von Bibra Southport as they are the Peugeot dealers and service center. BIG MISTAKE !!

After giving them a written explanation of what the RACQ guy said (no spark) and what I have tried myself to locate the problem, they said they would diagnose and let me know at which point decisions could be made. Also explained the urgency due to my Daughters wedding, car needed prior and honeymoon etc.

Booked and delivered on a Tuesday week 1 (towed). I expected to hear from them the next day. Nothing. Called and I was told they could not look at it yet as a tech was not available. I finally fronted up and was given a print out showing the same error codes I originally advised them of. For that they charged me about 2 Hours (about $275 roughly). That was just to show me a prinout.

The sage of excuses went on for a long 2 Weeks with nothing more done on the car. I was then advised I should pick the car up as they could not look at it. Unbelievable. A total rip-off.

Anyway moving on, I have since had a reputable Peugeot tech plug in his PP2000 and was advised the ECU is Locked. Seems the signal now from the BSI is being rejected by the ECU. Just out of the blue.

So I am at the point of having to buy a full ECU, BSI and Key kit.

My questions are as follows ;

a)
Attached is a photo of the sticker on the current ECU. I'm afraid I cannot make sense of it and can't find any advertised second hand kist that reflect these numbers.

b)
Is there a was a displaying the information somehow from within the ECU / BSI so as not to rely on the stickers ?

c)
Is it possible to get a ECU/BSI of a 207 and simply erase/rest everything and then reload it something like wiping the hard drive of a PC and reinstalling Windows ? :)

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Attachments

• ECU_Details.jpg
    ECU_Details.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 97
Did your new mechanic check if the keys are learnt correctly and recognised by the bsi keys just fail ecus don’t normally I would be making sure coolant hasn’t wicked up into the engine ecu and killed it before you replaced anything